Sign in to follow this  
ozomatli

REVIEW ON MY08 2.0R

Good choice if you are looking at reasonable power without having to pay heaps for gas. But if your pocket is deeper, just get a WRX.

A neighbour of mine just got it, come with bucket seats and rear disc brakes as well. Pretty value for money if you ask me.

To tell you the truth, im pretty tempted to get the wrx. But perhaps, you could give me some advices in maintaining a turbo-charged car. I do know that the ups and downs of owning one would definitely burn one's pocket deeper. Besides that, what are the other things that i should consider before getting one. Thanks!

To tell you the truth, im pretty tempted to get the wrx. But perhaps, you could give me some advices in maintaining a turbo-charged car. I do know that the ups and downs of owning one would definitely burn one's pocket deeper. Besides that, what are the other things that i should consider before getting one. Thanks!

If that's the case, I suggest you bite the bullet and get the WRX else it will be too late to regret later on.

Personally, other than FC, insurance and road tax being higher, I don't really think maintaining a turbo charged car is very different from maintaining a normal aspirated one especially if you leave it in its stock form.

I got it 3 weeks ago. Due to this run-in period, I can't push it very hard. But overall its power is much better than my previous MY04 TS. I selected it 'cause it has more power and cruise control, which is something now I find not very practical in Singapore. Fuel consumption is a bit high now at 10km/L with 2/3 of my journey on highway.

Compared with old TS, the hatchback may not have bigger size of boot space. But the benefit is that you can fold the second row seats down by which it gives you plenty of spaces.

Cornelling is not fun as my previous TS as this new one is auto and my old one is manual. The only regret is the radio is in mono, which I mentioned in another thread. But the CD/MP3 player and speakers create a good sound quality.

If you are not a power chaser, you may consider the lastest 1.5R-L, which has a better Head Unit and reverse camera. Think the radio should have stereo effect.

get the wrx...just decat and retune...the car become one bad ass...you would love to to drive at expressway..man.NSHY even better...

One problem is after getting wrx...you feel frustrated.when you change car.as you dont know what to get to match the power/$ ratio..

The 2.0 R is one of the better 2L cars out there. I rate it better than the Civic SI and the Camry in terms of performance hands down. Get the new sedan version if you want the boot, looks not bad.

Fully agreed to get WRX, listen to Hmanxx decat & retune & u will find a big difference. I'm TS owner before icon_sad.gif

get the wrx...just decat and retune...the car become one bad ass...you would love to to drive at expressway..man.NSHY even better...

One problem is after getting wrx...you feel frustrated.when you change car.as you dont know what to get to match the power/$ ratio..

hi bro tsjack, i'm driving ts too so i understand your situation icon_smile.gif . But my concern would be the fc and we all know how high the fc is. On the other hand, I'm still keepin my options wide.icon_smile.gif

So that at the end of the day, my budgetting for the car will not be too high, thus overcoming other expenses. Thanks for all the feedbacks again!

I also tempted.. very very tempted to get the rex. But heard FC quite poor so quite worry. As I can calculate road tax, mthly installation etc, but fuel is hard to calculate as u nv know when the price will hit top high. So just get the 2.0R manual, the manual impreza got the hi/lo dual gear, so if need more pick-up, just switch to lo gear.

One best thing I like abt the new 2.5 wrx is that the signal level is on the right instead of left.