RentaBass

Sway Bar Fitment for TS

66 posts in this topic

I've done some snooping around and I've confirmed that front sway bars from WRXes and STIs will not fit TSes, because the TS extractor hangs lower and the TS front sway bar has two bends in it to clear the extractor, unlike the WRX ones which are probably straight or have one less bend.

As for the rear, WRX and STI sway bars should fit without too much fuss, as long as you are able to get hold of the right parts.

WRX rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

2) Sway bar mounting brackets

3) C-links

4) WRX lateral arms

STI rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) I-links

4) STI lateral arms

Hope this information helps.

Good initiative bro... what if one changes to any customised aftermarket extractor, any chance that the WRX and STI bars can fit?

Good initiative bro... what if one changes to any customised aftermarket extractor, any chance that the WRX and STI bars can fit?

I suppose it's possible, but I think the cost and hassle far outweighs the benefits.

Perhaps it might be better to find places that actually produce front sway bars to fit the 2.5RS.

I think I'll need to do more snooping around to find out more about this, since I'll have to search for brake pads too.

Perhaps it might be better to find places that actually produce front sway bars to fit the 2.5RS.

I wonder whats the damage$$$ for 2.5RS extractor?

Not sure of the price of the 2.5RS headers, but I'm sure they do not allow the fitment of WRX sway bars either.

Not sure of the price of the 2.5RS headers, but I'm sure they do not allow the fitment of WRX sway bars either.

Yes, you are right. I have posted this question to a pro-subaru workshop before. Sorry to steal this thread, shouldn't have asked for the $$$. icon_redface.gif

I've done some snooping around and I've confirmed that front sway bars from WRXes and STIs will not fit TSes, because the TS extractor hangs lower and the TS front sway bar has two bends in it to clear the extractor, unlike the WRX ones which are probably straight or have one less bend.

As for the rear, WRX and STI sway bars should fit without too much fuss, as long as you are able to get hold of the right parts.

WRX rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) C-links

4) WRX lateral arms

STI rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) I-links

4) STI lateral arms

Alternatively, get Whiteline and save all the headache! Rear swaybar set comes fully plug and play. Front has separate part number.

Contact me now for prices before increase. Last 2 days, brothers.

Pls see ESP thread.

Alternatively, get Whiteline and save all the headache! Rear swaybar set comes fully plug and play. Front has separate part number.

Contact me now for prices before increase. Last 2 days, brothers.

Pls see ESP thread.

Bro, does whiteline make uprated swaybars for TS or 2.5RS applications?

Just want to find out, because WRX ones definitely won't fit.

They stated that the swaybars are of the same part number for Impreza non-turbo.

There is BSR36XZ, which is 24mm, adjustable from 22 to 26mm. (BSR47Z is 22 mm, but adjustable from 20 to 24mm.)

BSR36XXZ is 27mm, but still uses 24mm bushes as they are specially made.

Cheers.

WRX rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) C-links

4) WRX lateral arms

STI rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) I-links

4) STI lateral arms

So for TS what should we fix ?

So for TS what should we fix ?

Depends on whether you want to install an STI or WRX sway bar...you'll find the parts needed for installing either of the two sway bars mentioned in my first post.

I'd say that if you're not fussy, either would do fine, since our cars don't have a sway bar in the rear at all.

regardless of the installation of the STI or WRX sway bars , brackets, n arms....does it matter if ride is lowered? or just stock?

regardless of the installation of the STI or WRX sway bars , brackets, n arms....does it matter if ride is lowered? or just stock?

I'm not really following your question, could you elaborate a little?

If you're referring to whether lowering the car would affect the performance or operation of sway bars in any way, I would think not.

Do help to explain a little if I'm completely off-tangent!

should not affect the sway bars if the car is lowered or not, since the sway bars work by "twisting" when lateral force (sideways) is applied on the car, not vertical force, like in a lowered ride.

Jux got a cusco sway bar fix on my ride last week.

The feeling is alot diff...the rear is now tighter and during cornering the car feels more stable.

Well worth the effort to look of the above mention parts to fix on a TS.

icon_biggrin.gif

Jux got a cusco sway bar fix on my ride last week.

The feeling is alot diff...the rear is now tighter and during cornering the car feels more stable.

Well worth the effort to look of the above mention parts to fix on a TS.

icon_biggrin.gif

Where u got it n wat is the damage?

Just got my rear sway bar installed at BMS today!

One word to describe the feeling when cornering...

icon_headbang.gif !!!!!AWESOME!!!!! icon_headbang.gif

For those who are looking to install rear swaybar kit (full kit), pls look at ESP thread.

WRX rear sway bar:

1) Sway bar

3) C-links

4) WRX lateral arms

Does anybody knows how much is a new WRX lateral arms and/or the part number? Try calling Guan Auto and the guy that answer my call doesn't know what is the lateral arms and he need to see sample icon_sad.gif

Does anybody knows how much is a new WRX lateral arms and/or the part number? Try calling Guan Auto and the guy that answer my call doesn't know what is the lateral arms and he need to see sample icon_sad.gif

Do you patronise any other workshops? I think the jolly folks at BMS, BKS or Lim Tan Motors might know...

Sorry if I'm not of much help, mate... icon_redface.gif

i paiseh to keep disturbing the good pple at BMS icon_razz.gif coz still assembling the parts

A second hand WRX lateral arms cost about $150. You can try sourcing them from the regular pro-Subaru wokshops. icon_biggrin.gif

went for servicing at MI today, and kaypoh went to their part centre to enquire:

Rear Right Lateral Link Assembly (P/N: 20250FE040) - $212.80

Rear Left Lateral Link Assembly (P/N: 20250FE050) - $212.80

Rear Stabilizer Link Assembly (P/N: 20481AA01) - $196.20 ($98.10 each)

Price is before 30% discount & 7% GST... so getting pre-owned part is definitely the way to go icon_smile.gif

can anyone help me since u guys are discussing abt sway bar... my fren jux gave me a rear anti-row bar (is it sway bar?) took out frm his wrx. and also 4 lateral links. does it fit ts? and if so, wat are the other parts (like c-link etc?) tat i should get so as to install them in my ts cox he pratically jus gave me a long bar and 4 lateral links tats all. am really new in cars so hope anyone can help. thanks.