Sign in to follow this  
huatman

steering wheel vibrate when travel ard 100+km/h

Gd day all.

recently notice that when travel high speed, say ard 100km/h or more (which my speedometer shown), my steering wheel seem to be vibrating. icon_sad.gif

Recently had just change new set of rims n tyres, wonder is it the cause of it? (alignment, balancing etc?? )

If it so any reliable workshop to recommend? (prefer ard east area if possible)

Thanks

Just go back to the place where you changed the rims and tires, then tell them about the problem.

It's probably a balancing issue, so they should rectify it at no charge (unless they have to do high-speed balancing)

Gd day all.

recently notice that when travel high speed, say ard 100km/h or more (which my speedometer shown), my steering wheel seem to be vibrating. icon_sad.gif

Recently had just change new set of rims n tyres, wonder is it the cause of it? (alignment, balancing etc?? )

Thanks

mostly a balancing issue..

u can try stamford at loyang. if u stay near pasir ris

or changi

if not. can always go to the place u got your rims from

Gd day all.

Thanks

Need centre bore ? sometimes rims size dun sit correctly so u need the "centre bore" at the wheel hub

Today went back to shop to re-balance. (but he only re-balance the front wheels.. is it enough?) Seem ok liao, but so far not chance n dun dare to try still got vibrate or not when over 120km/h.. icon_lol.gif

Today went back to shop to re-balance. (but he only re-balance the front wheels.. is it enough?) Seem ok liao, but so far not chance n dun dare to try still got vibrate or not when over 120km/h.. icon_lol.gif

should balance all 4 leh... definately gotta put into the machine before he can tell if it's balanced or not?

icon_rolleyes.gif

If you're ngeow, balancing all four would be good, but technically speaking, just the front two would suffice - this is due to the fact that only the front wheels will affect your steering.

This is the same reason why when you go for tire rotation, only the wheels which are going to the front will be balanced.

mine also vibrates, but vibrates when i step on the brakes when cruising at 110 to 120 +. Less than 100km/h, stepping on brakes no issue. What could be the cause?

mine also vibrates, but vibrates when i step on the brakes when cruising at 110 to 120 +. Less than 100km/h, stepping on brakes no issue. What could be the cause?

rotor slight warp....

what kind of sounds?

sound is similar to coilover knocking sound..do a hard brake and hear if any sound is coming from the front..ah huat BMS drive my cockeye and he say its my front control arm bushing..if u buy OEM part the bushing is sold together with the arm..

sound is similar to coilover knocking sound..do a hard brake and hear if any sound is coming from the front..ah huat BMS drive my cockeye and he say its my front control arm bushing..if u buy OEM part the bushing is sold together with the arm..

Hmm.. my when go over humb seem to be having that some sound too. Went MI check said suspension, etc ok. In face it seem that they din hear any sound.

How much u change the control arm bushing n at where?

best to get it checked to double confirm..workshops will jack up your car and look for cracks in your bushings..mayb u can do it during one of ur oil change @ BMS or somewhr else..