Whack

Audi S3

Sat in one of my friend's bro S3 to KL to and back. Lotsa body roll on track,linear power delivery,inaudible exhaust note,not engaging enuff. Only + point maybe is above average factory stero,nice interior,comfortable leather seats,very stable even at 160-170km/h.

gee....noted bro...i was hoping much better comment for the handling...lots of bodyroll....ouch!!!!

Means this car is look factor? What u think?

icon_smile.gif

i think the new S3 8P 2010 model audi has addressed the issue of the suspension system.

Though its still named as the S-line suspension, butt feels it as stiff as the Civic type r stock suspension.

the other option that 1 might choose will the Magnetic ride which able to choose confort and sport via a touch of the button.

press button will cost you again as its not in the standard package..

hopefully the above can of some use to TS

The clutch of the manual S3 is gentle on the left leg.

On the street, the S3 is agile and there is barely any turbo lag.

Moving off the line is alike most FF. [but mind u, it's a quattro]

i think the new S3 8P 2010 model audi has addressed the issue of the suspension system.

Though its still named as the S-line suspension, butt feels it as stiff as the Civic type r stock suspension.

the other option that 1 might choose will the Magnetic ride which able to choose confort and sport via a touch of the button.

press button will cost you again as its not in the standard package..

hopefully the above can of some use to TS

Let him sit in yr ride. icon_biggrin.gif

Let him sit in yr ride. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ..uncle car la..hahah...btw...its not exactly a full quattro...its controlled by Haldex, very much so like the subaru dccd but unable to control manually..thus when normal driving, it does feels like a fwd car as the power is distributed to the front(front bias), when the car "senses" that more drive is needed at the rear, it will then "engaged" all 4 wheels..

above is only a layman expliation on the haldex system..but to my limited knowledge, some of the Golf Rs, have installed the overide haldex system and now able to control the splits manually aka dccd..

cheers icon_lol.gif

i love the S3...especially the 3door one..everytime go Eurohaus sure can see...Yellow looks dam awesome on it...orange as well...icon_smile.gif The interior...shiokers la...steering wheel swee swee!

the new ones though....are too ex and waiting time is 6 months from my last enquiry in 2010!

Nothing beats the manual-stick feel.

Nevertheless, with more traffic jams and too many start-stop city driving.

DSG seems like the way to go.

I am hearing diff variants (comments) on the DSG.

Perhaps, folks here would like to share their encounter(s).

Nothing beats the manual-stick feel.

Nevertheless, with more traffic jams and too many start-stop city driving.

DSG seems like the way to go.

I am hearing diff variants (comments) on the DSG.

Perhaps, folks here would like to share their encounter(s).

my fair share of comments since I once owned the STI and currently on the GTI.

Manual stick feel - definitely more fun but troublesome/tiring on days you encounter jams and nowadays cars really a lot. As I age, I found that my legs get tired easily. its worse on sundays football game and you drive home after that. icon_sad.gif

DSG6spd - very engaging, very smooth. the acceleration is simply sweet. "Step and Go" literally and the "pop" sound just smoothing to the ears la.. Get aftermarket exhaust, tuned it and its even more engaging to drive. No worries on jams, legs tired or whatever [email protected] la. Actually if you miss the stick feel, you still can play with the gearing on the DSG...up up down down....you want your fingers to do the job instead...then try the paddle + + - -....icon_smile.gif

In tandem with u on the 'fun' aspect of DSG.

Was wondering on the 'reliability' of the DSG though.

Hearing variants on the reliability-cost of DSG replacement.

In tandem with u on the 'fun' aspect of DSG.

Was wondering on the 'reliability' of the DSG though.

Hearing variants on the reliability-cost of DSG replacement.

i think the "issues" would probably be more on the 7 speed ones

No offence but the current S3 looks fugly and out-dated to me. The new RS3 looks more menacing for a hatchback.

bro..of cos no offence...i didnt quite like it in the beginning, was steering towards the golf R or Roc R instead..but..OC say.."olympic rings" nicer..hahah...so ok...choose the olympic rings instead..after abt 3 months of ownership, it does take time to grow on you..well, one man meat is another man poison..

as for the RS3, if you see closer again, only the front bumper and rear spoiler differs from the S3, interior is exactly the same with Recaro standard rather then S3 as option. wanted this option but PA quoted me 12k!!!!!!!...told them..no thank you..hahah

cheers icon_biggrin.gif

bro..of cos no offence...i didnt quite like it in the beginning, was steering towards the golf R or Roc R instead..but..OC say.."olympic rings" nicer..hahah...so ok...choose the olympic rings instead..after abt 3 months of ownership, it does take time to grow on you..well, one man meat is another man poison..

as for the RS3, if you see closer again, only the front bumper and rear spoiler differs from the S3, interior is exactly the same with Recaro standard rather then S3 as option. wanted this option but PA quoted me 12k!!!!!!!...told them..no thank you..hahah

cheers icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah bro. Olympic rings compared to vw, I would also take the rings. icon_mrgreen.gif Again, no punt intended. Stock S3 is pretty fast and light. A novelty too since there aren't many on the road. I'm just not a hatchback guy no matter how I tried to psyche myself so it is not really all about S3 looks as well haha. I assumed you had chipped it?

Yeah bro. Olympic rings compared to vw, I would also take the rings. icon_mrgreen.gif Again, no punt intended. Stock S3 is pretty fast and light. A novelty too since there aren't many on the road. I'm just not a hatchback guy no matter how I tried to psyche myself so it is not really all about S3 looks as well haha. I assumed you had chipped it?

hahah.okok..no backside guy..granted...yes, she is chipped up...but there is always a itch to run a bigger snail... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

guys, this months torque mag price for audi s3 sportback 2.0 5dr $212,973.00 and subaru sti 2.5 auto 5dr is $157,800.00 diff is about $55,000.00, it is a substantial amount so i find that it is a very unusual kind of comparison... icon_surprised.gif