Oasis

Mitsubishi 1.8 Rallyart Turbo

Get it or miss it?

Looking at something better than my TS. (I love my Scooby, but don wanna risk getting TC or chiak cc on it)

Pricewise is ok.

Review wise... That's where I need yr thoughts.

Why don't get a wrx instead? Price almost the same right?

Different price.

06 2.0 WRX is average is 50k - 55k Some at 60k depends on the mod in the car.

06 Lancer 1.8 Turbo average is 36k to 40k.

Colt version R will be in the 50-60K range for an 07-08. At least its a class all its own. My personal opinion, the Lancer turbo machiam Lancerution wannabe.

Colt version R will be in the 50-60K range for an 07-08. At least its a class all its own. My personal opinion, the Lancer turbo machiam Lancerution wannabe.

Problem abt the Colt R is the space. I have a colleague who's got it. It's nice though.

Just sharing my 5 cents worth about the 1.8L Lancer Turbo (CS5).

I owned it for 4 months before I decided to change to the JDM Auto WRX.

Since you have consider to own it to replace your TS ... I hope my sharing can help a fair bit.

Great Street Pick Up. Especially for this Sillypore where you usually don't need high BHP.

What you need is good street pick up. The Turbo.. i thnk it's smaller than the TD04 kicks in super fast.. Lag is very minimum.

Interior Dash looks better than our TS or WRX.

The interior looks like the Evo.

Built Quality is Not Bad... I like it.

Evo Wanna Be or not.. it's up to you. Doesn't matter what others think.

Importantly is what you feel about the Car.

I never think that it's a Evo in the first place when I bought it for my Wife.

I thought it's looks pretty Simple yet Good To Drive without being too Loud.

I kept the Out Look Super Stock.

Of course, there are some Owners who really try very hard to make it look like Evo.

Likewise, a lot of NA Lancer (CS3) owners try it very hard too.

As long as they are happy, then I think it's fair...

The Choice is yours ...Doesn't hurt others, Only Hurt your Pocket. icon_wink.gif

For me, I believe the Car should look like what it is originally created to be.

Comes with Evo Strut Bar and Lowered Suspension compared to a NA Lancer (CS3).

More Spacious than our TS or WRX.. expecially the Rear Seats Space.

I am very sure of this cos I felt the impact when i switched to WRX.

My in Laws Took the back seats of my WRX and asked me why I downgraded to a Smaller Car.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think it's a very user Friendly Car for our Singapore Road Condition.

Of course you can't really let others know that it's a Turbo Lancer (the how lian factor is low). It looks exactly the same as CS3. The only Visible Diff is that it carries a Rear Wiper.

Issue to take note. Beware of Throttle Body failure.

It carries the same Characteristics of the previous Mitsubishi Galant GDI Engine.

Throttle Body Failure is pretty Common.

One day, you may wake up to start your car and realised that your lancer Turbo maybe be Revving Up and Down as if some 'Ghost' is Flooring the Throttle and releasing it.

Too much trouble to repair but sending in to replace the Throttle Body is the best choice.

POtential to Mod? Everything is Possible.

Strengthen the Gear Box by sending to Level10.

Turbo and Engine ??? Anything also Can as long as you worship the DarkSide.

There used to be a Legend in Lancer Turbo Group ... and it's a Female Driver!!!

Her Lancer Turbo is indeed bery bery FAST !!!!!

For more info and your willingness to fellowship with Lancer Turbo Owners... you can always register at Lancer Motoring Club.

If you are going to be a Good Boy like me ....... icon_wink.gif Just Boost it up by a Boost Controller .. Can liao and you'll be smiling greatly driving this Happy Little Turbo Car on Singapore Street.

The NA Lancer don't give you much pick up due CVT. But this Lancer Turbo gives you the Punch that makes you happy when you sprint off from the Traffic Lights or Over Taking..

I test Drove Both the Colt Turbo R or Lancer Turbo before I bought the Lancer Turbo.

Only 1 obvious reason why I did not take the Colt Turbo R cos the Seatings Very 'Cha Cha'... not comfortable ... Expecially Rear seats.. Too 'Straight Up'.

Rear Seats space also not friendly.. just like our TS or WRX.

Again, my 5 cents worth....

Less the Throttle Body, I did not regret owning the CS5.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Decision ya ....Cheers!!!

SafetyCar

Just sharing my 5 cents worth about the 1.8L Lancer Turbo (CS5).

I owned it for 4 months before I decided to change to the JDM Auto WRX.

Since you have consider to own it to replace your TS ... I hope my sharing can help a fair bit.

Great Street Pick Up. Especially for this Sillypore where you usually don't need high BHP.

What you need is good street pick up. The Turbo.. i thnk it's smaller than the TD04 kicks in super fast.. Lag is very minimum.

Interior Dash looks better than our TS or WRX.

The interior looks like the Evo.

Built Quality is Not Bad... I like it.

Evo Wanna Be or not.. it's up to you. Doesn't matter what others think.

Importantly is what you feel about the Car.

I never think that it's a Evo in the first place when I bought it for my Wife.

I thought it's looks pretty Simple yet Good To Drive without being too Loud.

I kept the Out Look Super Stock.

Of course, there are some Owners who really try very hard to make it look like Evo.

Likewise, a lot of NA Lancer (CS3) owners try it very hard too.

As long as they are happy, then I think it's fair...

The Choice is yours ...Doesn't hurt others, Only Hurt your Pocket. icon_wink.gif

For me, I believe the Car should look like what it is originally created to be.

Comes with Evo Strut Bar and Lowered Suspension compared to a NA Lancer (CS3).

More Spacious than our TS or WRX.. expecially the Rear Seats Space.

I am very sure of this cos I felt the impact when i switched to WRX.

My in Laws Took the back seats of my WRX and asked me why I downgraded to a Smaller Car.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think it's a very user Friendly Car for our Singapore Road Condition.

Of course you can't really let others know that it's a Turbo Lancer (the how lian factor is low). It looks exactly the same as CS3. The only Visible Diff is that it carries a Rear Wiper.

Issue to take note. Beware of Throttle Body failure.

It carries the same Characteristics of the previous Mitsubishi Galant GDI Engine.

Throttle Body Failure is pretty Common.

One day, you may wake up to start your car and realised that your lancer Turbo maybe be Revving Up and Down as if some 'Ghost' is Flooring the Throttle and releasing it.

Too much trouble to repair but sending in to replace the Throttle Body is the best choice.

POtential to Mod? Everything is Possible.

Strengthen the Gear Box by sending to Level10.

Turbo and Engine ??? Anything also Can as long as you worship the DarkSide.

There used to be a Legend in Lancer Turbo Group ... and it's a Female Driver!!!

Her Lancer Turbo is indeed bery bery FAST !!!!!

For more info and your willingness to fellowship with Lancer Turbo Owners... you can always register at Lancer Motoring Club.

If you are going to be a Good Boy like me ....... icon_wink.gif Just Boost it up by a Boost Controller .. Can liao and you'll be smiling greatly driving this Happy Little Turbo Car on Singapore Street.

The NA Lancer don't give you much pick up due CVT. But this Lancer Turbo gives you the Punch that makes you happy when you sprint off from the Traffic Lights or Over Taking..

I test Drove Both the Colt Turbo R or Lancer Turbo before I bought the Lancer Turbo.

Only 1 obvious reason why I did not take the Colt Turbo R cos the Seatings Very 'Cha Cha'... not comfortable ... Expecially Rear seats.. Too 'Straight Up'.

Rear Seats space also not friendly.. just like our TS or WRX.

Again, my 5 cents worth....

Less the Throttle Body, I did not regret owning the CS5.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Decision ya ....Cheers!!!

SafetyCar

Very helpful indeed and nicely written. icon_wink.gif Great job!

I tested the CVR and auto WRX. I preferred sedan to hatch bk.

icon_smile.gif

Very helpful indeed and nicely written. icon_wink.gif Great job!

I tested the CVR and auto WRX. I preferred sedan to hatch bk.

icon_smile.gif

Same Same ... I prefer Sedan and i missed my Auto Rex bery bery much !!!!

But give me Lancer Turbo .... I will gladly drive it around Singapore anytime .. icon_wink.gif

Same Same ... I prefer Sedan and i missed my Auto Rex bery bery much !!!!

But give me Lancer Turbo .... I will gladly drive it around Singapore anytime .. icon_wink.gif

bro, thanks for the detailed and wonderful writeup. u have always been as helpful as u can be! thumbs up!

just 2 questions, hows the fc and insurance like compared to the atrex?

bro, thanks for the detailed and wonderful writeup. u have always been as helpful as u can be! thumbs up!

just 2 questions, hows the fc and insurance like compared to the atrex?

FC:-

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Eh .. Eh ......Firstly, FC on my AutoRex seems quite different from other AutoRex out there in the Club.

I always think that Rhommel has successfully tuned by AutoRex to a very Robust yet Happy Driving Machine BUT ... BUT i think he has forgotten to Tune my Right Leg. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Don't ask me about my FC experience on my AutoRex .. It's a Joke and somebody will start 'Suaning' me shortly on my FC history again .... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

For my Lancer Turbo.. yes .. It's Better cos it's almost Stock

Insurance:-

Despite being in the Insurance Industry, I hardly come across any of my client asking for Lancer Turbo Quote.

Confidently, it should be more friendly than WRX (All things being Equal).

Driver's Profile is also very Crucial for Premium Assessment.

I see that you may be hovering between Lancer Turbo and Auto Rex. (Auto Tranny Choices).

Think properly ya ... Just don't be like me.

All it takes is 4 months for my Itchy Backside Syndrome to kick in and it triggers me to trade in my Lancer Turbo for a Auto Rex.

Be truthful. If you know you can't resist the Dark Side ... AutoRex is the obvious choice.

If you are very cock sure that you can remain a good boy, then Lancer Turbo would be a Prudent choice. Cos you can't do much to a Lancer Turbo Engine.

Afterall it's a GDI Engine. You have to Drop in a Evo7 GTA Engine to make it really 'WOW' !

I like both Cars.

My Vote goes to AutoRex.

Now your turn to choose .....

Guan

Insurance:-

Despite being in the Insurance Industry, I hardly come across any of my client asking for Lancer Turbo Quote.

Confidently, it should be more friendly than WRX (All things being Equal).

Driver's Profile is also very Crucial for Premium Assessment.

bro, understand you're in insurance industry, will auto rex share the "high premium" of the manual wrx? How about forester though? If forester having more friendly insurance, may give forester a thought

bro, understand you're in insurance industry, will auto rex share the "high premium" of the manual wrx? How about forester though? If forester having more friendly insurance, may give forester a thought

It doesn't mean this Model/Make cost more premium today means that's the case all the way.

Buy family car will surely give you the most friendly premium.. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, back to topic ... To buy Lancer Turbo or not ??? icon_lol.gif

i understand whr he is coming from coz im the same. tired with my 1.8l altis and now looking somethng more powerfull and cheaper in insurance

why i mentioned civic 2.0 coz the GDI turbo was only punching out 155-160hp on paper. no doubt u can up boost but with puny tf035, i doubt much can be done. moreover being GDI, reliability was in stake. I "camp" in lancer forum for couple months and most saying the same. not to mentioned seen a few really blow a hole on the block

2.0 civic on stock paper was 155hp. Same, camp in the forum for couple months, following up their mod progress, backed with dyno proof, with some TypR stuff, can hit 180hp. So kind of win win situation.

i understand whr he is coming from coz im the same. tired with my 1.8l altis and now looking somethng more powerfull and cheaper in insurance

why i mentioned civic 2.0 coz the GDI turbo was only punching out 155-160hp on paper. no doubt u can up boost but with puny tf035, i doubt much can be done. moreover being GDI, reliability was in stake. I "camp" in lancer forum for couple months and most saying the same. not to mentioned seen a few really blow a hole on the block

2.0 civic on stock paper was 155hp. Same, camp in the forum for couple months, following up their mod progress, backed with dyno proof, with some TypR stuff, can hit 180hp. So kind of win win situation.

"I think thread starter is looking at Forced Induction cum Auto Gear Car ... that's why he narrowed down his options."

Why not ask him if he is looking for Power or certain personal fun factor?

the 2.0L Civic is simply Out for me. Test drove it .. total disappointment.

icon_wink.gif

"I think thread starter is looking at Forced Induction cum Auto Gear Car ... that's why he narrowed down his options."

Why not ask him if he is looking for Power or certain personal fun factor?

the 2.0L Civic is simply Out for me. Test drove it .. total disappointment.

icon_wink.gif

Reason for the Lancer 1.8 is due to the cost of the car.. Pretty close to TS.

I don't think i'll need the WRX.. Cost is one of the factors. Insurance koyak already. I live within my means lah. And also scared that the darkside would catch up on me and like the Star Wars Movie would say to me...

"I am your Father"

But...!!! I love the TS .. (I cannot explain, but every scooby owner knows why we love our scoobie. It's like having a money sucking super chio mistress but she provides you with great sex evertime you need one)

icon_lol.gif

Ok.. I'm a bit wayward now.

I love the Scooby AWD and boxer note. and i love it when exiting or entering the highway most cars apply the brakes but we just cont flooring that damn pedal. Shiok right..?

But the ej16... its a sad sad case.

I owed an Ralliart turbo CS5 nearly 4 yrs before I changed to wrx. I can say I like the car very much because of it's evo interior and lots of functions climate control, auto lights, rear wiper, auto wind up/down by using the remote, one touch retractable windows for all 4 windows, autofold mirrors etc.

But beware this car is not meant for power hungry drivers because of high compression in GDI (God damm it) technology. It's using a TF035 which is a light pressure turbo. Stock boost is 0.4 and be prepared to for E-throttle problems like what safetycar mentioned.

I really want to max out the car and went to the dark side (changed manual gb,Microtech,removed GDI,turbo) plus repair charges, not worth it.

So if you're looking for affordable+comfort+space and a bit of turbo feel car, get the CS5 but leave it stock. icon_smile.gif

I owed an Ralliart turbo CS5 nearly 4 yrs before I changed to wrx. I can say I like the car very much because of it's evo interior and lots of functions climate control, auto lights, rear wiper, auto wind up/down by using the remote, one touch retractable windows for all 4 windows, autofold mirrors etc.

But beware this car is not meant for power hungry drivers because of high compression in GDI (God damm it) technology. It's using a TF035 which is a light pressure turbo. Stock boost is 0.4 and be prepared to for E-throttle problems like what safetycar mentioned.

I really want to max out the car and went to the dark side (changed manual gb,Microtech,removed GDI,turbo) plus repair charges, not worth it.

So if you're looking for affordable+comfort+space and a bit of turbo feel car, get the CS5 but leave it stock. icon_smile.gif

Very wise answer... Now i'm having doubts... icon_confused.gif

Hw about CVR? Good? Engine specs n turbo same as 1.8 turbo? I'm trying for the version R that showcase in SIN2009 with Rockford fosgate full system. Any review on that car?