Pro Subaru Mechanic-Malaysia Workshop in Pontian

137 posts in this topic

Ex Singapore Pro-Subaru workshop mechanic has shifted

HP: +60 197406676

For

100k servicing - Prefers appt

normal servicing - call to confirm he is available

Superb troubleshooting skills....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Workshop Opening Soon!!!

Location is at Pontian Town...u can even walk to Wantan Mee Store or shop at Econsave....no more feeding the mosquitoes at old WS..

Ah Tan has bought new set of Wheel Alignment Machine...One Stop for all....

* now he repairs most car...

39895554.jpg

80465952.jpg

15411515.jpg

1 person likes this

must be ah tan new work place icon_twisted.gif

he is not mechanic, he is head mechanic.. icon_lol.gif

he can install my koyo radiator, one man show in 30 minutes.. icon_lol.gif

he is not mechanic, he is head mechanic.. icon_lol.gif

he can install my koyo radiator, one man show in 30 minutes.. icon_lol.gif

Well, if it's really Ah Tan of BKS, he can even smell my radiator burst w/o opening the bonnet. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, if it's really Ah Tan of BKS, he can even smell my radiator burst w/o opening the bonnet. icon_biggrin.gif

yup, one torch light shine upwards from undercarriage, he told me its turbo oil seal spoil..

no other pple dare to confirm/troubleshoot with such confidence... icon_lol.gif

yup, one torch light shine upwards from undercarriage, he told me its turbo oil seal spoil..

no other pple dare to confirm/troubleshoot with such confidence... icon_lol.gif

there was once my HKS SSQV spoilt, bring to him. He also blur, because the blow off valve is not blowing out the pressure.

Suddenly, he open the ventilation duct and a tiny sand came out.

Turn out that the sand was blocking the air.

Who can even think of such a thing to happen except him?

I once changed to a new set of Tein SS at BKS, 3 of them started working on it and 30 mins, the set of coilovers was fitted already. Very fast.

there was once my HKS SSQV spoilt, bring to him. He also blur, because the blow off valve is not blowing out the pressure.

Suddenly, he open the ventilation duct and a tiny sand came out.

Turn out that the sand was blocking the air.

Who can even think of such a thing to happen except him?

I once changed to a new set of Tein SS at BKS, 3 of them started working on it and 30 mins, the set of coilovers was fitted already. Very fast.

Bro, If the SCS forum is like facebook, I will click 'LIKE' on your thread! Their speed is lightning fast!!!! I must agree, not just in the past but now too! hahaha!

Ah Tan Misses everyone in S'pore whom he know in the past icon_cry.gif

Feel free to call him

anyone who wish to visit him for servicing and dunno the way, tell him the landmark that u r at (Pontian) and he will guide u to his workshop........

Save $ on workmanship....pay RM....take advantage of the exchange rate....

hi, anyone can give detailed instructions to go from 2nd link to ah tan's place. dun hv gps lah. many thanks. kum xia:)

hi, anyone can give detailed instructions to go from 2nd link to ah tan's place. dun hv gps lah. many thanks. kum xia:)

1) Drive along second link until see a signage displaying Pontian Exit 307A-(Pls Exit)

2) Just drive along keep following the signage showing Pontian(U won't go wrong)

3) Until u see a Shell station on your right (that's before the Pontian Town), see Pic below (Do make sure u have autoroaming , just in case(Keep Ah Tan's Number in your hp-he will repond to u & help u )

2eqcmqo.jpg

4) The Signage beside Ah Tan's workshop(very prominent-yellow on your right after the Hut)

9s54qh.jpg

if i stay Jurong.. i'll consider going.. but i'm just way too far to pay him a visit....

but i like ah TAN... yan dao some more.. hahaha

1) Drive along second link until see a signage displaying Pontian Exit 307A-(Pls Exit)

2) Just drive along keep following the signage showing Pontian(U won't go wrong)

3) Until u see a Shell station on your right (that's before the Pontian Town), see Pic below (Do make sure u have autoroaming , just in case(Keep Ah Tan's Number in your hp-he will repond to u & help u )

348hlyf.png

4) The Signage beside Ah Tan's workshop(very prominent-yellow on your right after the Hut)

9s54qh.jpg

many thanks bro for the detailed instructions.

to clarify, after the longtong hut, before i turn left into ah tan's place, is there any prominent signboards?

if i stay Jurong.. i'll consider going.. but i'm just way too far to pay him a visit....

but i like ah TAN... yan dao some more.. hahaha

U will find most of the Subaru stuff(parts) he keeps

if u bring most things (Brake Kit/Bling Item/Oil Change/ATF/MTF) and let him fix ....

He has all the parts needed for 100K servicing (All Subaru Original)

U'll be surprise from Savings compare to S'pore and most important of all is that Ah Tan is a meticulous "Do it the right the 1st time" type of guy...those who know him since the GC days know what i meant.....

The Yellow Signboard is the most conspicuous ....High Up on the right side of the road....

Another pic of the hut

160viq8.jpg

U will find most of the Subaru stuff(parts) he kept

if u bring most things (Brake Kit/Bling Item/Oil Change/ATF/MTF) and let him fix ....

He has all the parts needed for 100K servicing (All Subaru Original)

U'll be surprise from Savings compare to S'pore and most important of all is that Ah Tan is a meticulous "Do it the right the 1st time" type of guy...those who know him since the GC days know what i meant.....

bro.. my car never go JB before one.. hehe.. virgin..

i know ah Tan as i prefer BKS... and i was very assured with him and ah qiang and the other guy. they were good..and i never doubt their ability.. and my ride never had problem after their servicing.

like i say.. it's too far.. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Some updates

bring your own plugs - workmanship charges

cockeye/hawkeye - RM30

legacy/hatchback wrxes - RM50

not sure about new sedan wrx - call to confirm

Bring your own oil - workmanship charges

all models - RM60 including Subaru OEM oil filter

100K Serv.... - RM2k++ definately cheaper than SIN

AH TAN OPERATES ON SUNDAY ALSO icon_cool.gif

Some updates

cockeye/hawkeye - RM30

Upz

This is my personal encounter with him. I started driving my car for about a year. And there's this unsolved brake issue which no workshop in sg gave me a solution. So I paid Ah tan a visit 2 weeks back telling him my problem. He immediately told me it's caused by lower arm bushing without even jacking up my car to take a look. Probably it's because he was busy with another car. So I told him to go ahead and order the parts and yesterday I went back to him. When he took out both bushing off my car, both wasn't spoil. BUT both are different parts. According to him one is from a GC which is "softer" and causing excess movement to one side of my lower arm. OMG!! He can pinpoint the fault just by listening to my explanation that no sg pro scooby workshop can. And he did the bushing change and change my clutch in less than 4hours.. All one man show.. Really respect this guy!!

This is my personal encounter with him. I started driving my car for about a year. And there's this unsolved brake issue which no workshop in sg gave me a solution. So I paid Ah tan a visit 2 weeks back telling him my problem. He immediately told me it's caused by lower arm bushing without even jacking up my car to take a look. Probably it's because he was busy with another car. So I told him to go ahead and order the parts and yesterday I went back to him. When he took out both bushing off my car, both wasn't spoil. BUT both are different parts. According to him one is from a GC which is "softer" and causing excess movement to one side of my lower arm. OMG!! He can pinpoint the fault just by listening to my explanation that no sg pro scooby workshop can. And he did the bushing change and change my clutch in less than 4hours.. All one man show.. Really respect this guy!!

tis is so upz la...respectable icon_mrgreen.gif 'POWER!'

would like to thank all bros who advise and share the road map and location.

not difficult to locate in fact.

yesterday sent my ride to pontian. repair and replace.

now i know why u guys call him dr.tan.

re-route fuel line to stock position.

replace shaft dust cover.

adjust clutch.

engine oil servicing.

and replace a few wear & tear items.

abt 4hrs.

one man operation.

1 word from me - Dedicated !

2 thumbs up.

3 cheers.

4 upz ...

Bro you know how much Ah Tan charge for timing belt change? Will he need us to buy the items from stockist and bring in?

Some updates

cockeye/hawkeye - RM30

Bro you know how much Ah Tan charge for timing belt change? Will he need us to buy the items from stockist and bring in?

Bro,

he has all the stuff(OEM) , u dun have to buy any from stockists in Sg....just tell him that what car u r driving and he will check whether he needs to replenish any of his parts....Ah Tan will quote u based on his calculations (he is afraid of the recent price increase due to tsunami)......

Call him if need arrangement for 100k svc...

M-1 user - 021 60 197406676

Starhub User - 018 60 197406676

Singtel User - 019 60 197406676
1 person likes this