Sign in to follow this  
Deioruomu

Volkswagen Scirocco

Insignia & Chenweimin: Actually I was going for the 2.0L only. No money to get the R. icon_sad.gif

Chenweimin: Is the R really that good? But confirm can't beat the power of our cars right?

I_Love_Rex: No la bro, I was only joking with you. Thank you for your compliment, my car definitely not a monster. As you can see I'm not using any FMIC. I got no balls, scared LTA.

ya no pt to pay so much more for a R whereby the R only comes with stronger pistons / conrods and higher CC injectors n slightly bigger teeeboh. U can upgrade the norm scirocco yourself icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Insignia & Chenweimin: Actually I was going for the 2.0L only. No money to get the R. icon_sad.gif

Chenweimin: Is the R really that good? But confirm can't beat the power of our cars right?

I_Love_Rex: No la bro, I was only joking with you. Thank you for your compliment, my car definitely not a monster. As you can see I'm not using any FMIC. I got no balls, scared LTA.

Actually depend on u, getting a scirocco R is just like buying sti, for some original highend parts upgrade, if u plan to mod the ride, don expected to mod the way you mod yr wrx, cos conti car are very diff and their ecu are very sensitive to what u give her, most of my friend who own gti or conti sport car, they normally mod with package like stage 1,2&3 but prepare to pay some big money

Insignia: I understand what you're saying totally. Haha. But actually given a choice, I would get the R if I had the money. That is why I've decided to get the 2.0 without doing it up too fiercely but I can still enjoy spirited driving occasionally. I think I will just to up the cosmetics of the car.

Chenweimin: Ya bro, I am aware of the type of upgrades continental cars undergo. It is quite different as compared to our cars. And it is expensive, stage 1 tuning would cost close to 2k? Comparing that to our tuning, that's a lot of money.

actually, stage 1 for $2k is consider cheap le... wait till you enter stage 2 and 3... that 1 for some model can hit 5 digit....

But of cos, those moding come with warranty...

actually, stage 1 for $2k is consider cheap le... wait till you enter stage 2 and 3... that 1 for some model can hit 5 digit....

But of cos, those moding come with warranty...

Serious? 5 digit for stage 3 is quite a lot. I wonder are they able to hit 500 horses and above.

never consider the ford focus RS bro ??? icon_twisted.gif

Insignia: I understand what you're saying totally. Haha. But actually given a choice, I would get the R if I had the money. That is why I've decided to get the 2.0 without doing it up too fiercely but I can still enjoy spirited driving occasionally. I think I will just to up the cosmetics of the car.

Chenweimin: Ya bro, I am aware of the type of upgrades continental cars undergo. It is quite different as compared to our cars. And it is expensive, stage 1 tuning would cost close to 2k? Comparing that to our tuning, that's a lot of money.

its different league altogether.

Regardless of the power, jap cars ponies are easier to squeeze as compared to ang moh cars.

$ vs hp, we beats them hands down.

Nonetheless, comfort wise they are in the lead.

End of the day is wat u wan. Dun expect a vw to rape a mild modded sti, least to mention a full modded one that can even kick gtr ass.

no doubt our ride can mod to beat them in BHP, but bear in mind that VW car if properly mod with the same amount of effort we put to mod our ride, the performance of VW wont lose so much, but their comfort level, low end and acceleration will win us due to their DSG gearbox which shift super fast

Granted DSG does shift faster, overall aftermarket parts are more expensive then our Japs counterparts.

But, as what above one of the brother commented, there is a significant difference in the R and non R varient.

Yes, R comes with bigger turbo, blar blar blar, but, to upgrade from a non R to a R spec will really cost alot, not to mention, all the time spend to built up the car, troubleshoot etc etc etc..

for example, one of my close friend just changed from the stoch GTi turbo to the Owen's K04 turbo.

For Rs and S3..we are all running on Stock K04 turbos, Owens K04 spools faster and has a beeter actuator kit which should hold the boost better the stock K04s.

back to the story above, he spend a total of 6k for all the parts, which includes: - Pipings, relocation of the divertor valve, owens K04, injectors, fuel pump, boost controller..granted the car is fast, but..somehow or rather, (Which i can't explain) not the same as a R a/o S..

as for R a/o S engine block is also factory strengthen..

Also have to agree that the ECus are dame sensertive and fault codes does occur frequently..

but then again, if $$ is not and issue, then..Mod to glory bros..

above are only my 2cents worth...just basis on my own limited expriences..

cheers.

Granted DSG does shift faster, overall aftermarket parts are more expensive then our Japs counterparts.

But, as what above one of the brother commented, there is a significant difference in the R and non R varient.

Yes, R comes with bigger turbo, blar blar blar, but, to upgrade from a non R to a R spec will really cost alot, not to mention, all the time spend to built up the car, troubleshoot etc etc etc..

for example, one of my close friend just changed from the stoch GTi turbo to the Owen's K04 turbo.

For Rs and S3..we are all running on Stock K04 turbos, Owens K04 spools faster and has a beeter actuator kit which should hold the boost better the stock K04s.

back to the story above, he spend a total of 6k for all the parts, which includes: - Pipings, relocation of the divertor valve, owens K04, injectors, fuel pump, boost controller..granted the car is fast, but..somehow or rather, (Which i can't explain) not the same as a R a/o S..

Also have to agree that the ECus are dame sensertive and fault codes does occur frequently..

cheers.

issit the white 811? if it is , its a fast car ley

issit the white 811? if it is , its a fast car ley

bro, getting more and more sleeper cars..so not surprising that the GTIs and Rocs are much faster then the Rs or the S3..

All in all, for all car makes i will say, Money is the main thing, if got more moola..car goes faster...if no Moola..stock is best.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Scirocco way much better.

DSG gearbox = Win 1/2 ardy.

I drove my friend sRoc, too impressive. Cant even feel gear changing, Handling wise no need say le.

cheers.

yup bro, agree to what you say.. i have tried both the 2.0 scirocco & the R... both is 2litre but the feel is dame diff...

yup bro, agree to what you say.. i have tried both the 2.0 scirocco & the R... both is 2litre but the feel is dame diff...

the moola for both is also different..all i can say is, if you can afford the little bit more, go for the R..cos most of the parts you dun need to change or modifiy..

cheers

Anyone know if the 1.4 got manual gear? I dun see it in sgcarmart. Only 2.0 got.

dun think so...DSG mostly for our market..unless special request..then waiting time will be dame long..

who driving scirocco here?

i got bonnet damper for it!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

S$120 installed usual price...

subaru members S$100 installed!!!!