rhead

blackvue dr-400 hd feedback

53 posts in this topic

anyone using this blackbox?? any feedback??

no review abt the black vue but I am using Camos one way camera as well as Icaro 4way camera icon_smile.gif

so far so gd in regards to Icaro 4 way Car camera icon_smile.gif meant for car, will not drain battery and motion detector, speed, gps and many more functions icon_smile.gif

they have one way, 2 way and 4 way in gd quality icon_smile.gif

wanna purchase just approach xiaoma hp 96424209 at lavender Esso icon_smile.gif say u kean fren and xiaoma might give discount lol hope so icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I using the blackvue dr40Ohd.i bought $500plus.so far so gd.is veri clear in the morning n nite.but of course at nite u need light then the camera can capture vision.i believe most of the camera oso the same la.n most impt is the camera is 24/7 operation even u park ur car.cos the camere gt motion sensor and it wont drain up yr battery.except u park ur car for few days without using mayb it will drain up ur battery.i hve been using for 1 month liao.so far so good.

no review abt the black vue but I am using Camos one way camera as well as Icaro 4way camera icon_smile.gif

so far so gd in regards to Icaro 4 way Car camera icon_smile.gif meant for car, will not drain battery and motion detector, speed, gps and many more functions icon_smile.gif

they have one way, 2 way and 4 way in gd quality icon_smile.gif

wanna purchase just approach xiaoma hp 96424209 at lavender Esso icon_smile.gif say u kean fren and xiaoma might give discount lol hope so icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Been using for a week plus. It's Gd for a 4 way camera icon_smile.gif)) even my installer Xiaoma said its Gd icon_smile.gifclear n Gd icon_smile.gif

Hello~ guys im new here...

just to share, brought DR400hd around 3mth with power magic..

Pro :

it has parking mode.

Cons :

cant change setting direct for the unit.

if park direct under the sun it will get overheat and your recording image will go haywire..

not sure if you guys having the common issue when recording HD max resolution the blackvue will be very hot?

Been using for a week plus. It's Gd for a 4 way camera icon_smile.gif)) even my installer Xiaoma said its Gd icon_smile.gifclear n Gd icon_smile.gif

Kean, icaro has any website so that we can look at it's specifications?

Yes it has website actually YouTube have some videos of it. Meanwhile u go search YouTube while I search for the link lol

manufacturer: www.icaro.co.kr click 'english'.......

blogsite with video clips: blackboxersg.blogspot.com B4 is the 4 camera system while B2A is the 2 camera one.

manufacturer: http://www.icaro.co.kr click 'english'.......

blogsite with video clips: blackboxersg.blogspot.com B4 is the 4 camera system while B2A is the 2 camera one.

Thank you so much

i'm using DR400hd around 3mth with power magic, mine keep having camera issue.

the image for nite time is blur and the street light look blur and super bright.

Im using the latest DR400HD-II that claimed to had solved ( or improved ) the heating issue of the lens.

However the unit does get a little hot when used, but after checking with the video from computer, they look OK. No funny images or noise or discoloration.

Installed a Power magic to complete the package to record vandalism when car is parked, but unfortunately the power magic up-lorry 1 week later..

Blessing in disguise because lots of ppl suggest NOT to run car camera 24/7 non stop...

So now use it as per normal driving recording. As for parking overnight, I choose a proper place and regular location & floor, just in case I "accidentally" park at someone's favourite lot... kenna red-eyed and scratched..

Lucky MSCP have public cctv install.. so not too bad in my MSCP..

Just installed this on Saturday. So far so good. But I have an issue with the 16GB sd card that is provided. It seems not enough because I park my car at a HDB car park - A lot of movements and it causes the disk to be full with just one overnight parking. I have since replaced it with a Sandisk Ultra (Class10) 32GB. 

Is there any discussion on linking the camera to an portable external harddisk (I have a WD Passport Disk  that is 250GB big) so that videos can be stored there instead? 

im using blackvue DR380HD, been having problems with my car batt, after change to new battery also still drains mine, im using it with power magic. and i use the car almost everyday. anyone got any recommendations on how to solve this?

kenedict... your sensitivity is set too high in your motion detection.

although I've stopped using the parking mode, but my experience tells me not to set the motion sensitivity too sensitive...otherwise your whole night of activity in the carpark would be flooded into your SD card, especially when there is nobody walking past your car, but because some light cast / shawdow from lightings, cars headlight flashing when they shine past your car ( may not need to be directly ) causing light intensity changes, that will trigger recording too. :)

Flash, your power magic, did you manage to re-check your minimum cut off voltage or wire up the wires correctly ?

I did mine and there was no problem starting.. my battery voltage was 12.4~ 12.6 V after a night of activity, and engine still can start...

technically, the camera draws 3~4W

A car battery is easily 50 AH..

Meaning it can record quite a lot before it actually can drain the entire battery..

Im using the latest DR400HD-II that claimed to had solved ( or improved ) the heating issue of the lens.

However the unit does get a little hot when used, but after checking with the video from computer, they look OK. No funny images or noise or discoloration.

Installed a Power magic to complete the package to record vandalism when car is parked, but unfortunately the power magic up-lorry 1 week later..

Blessing in disguise because lots of ppl suggest NOT to run car camera 24/7 non stop...

So now use it as per normal driving recording. As for parking overnight, I choose a proper place and regular location & floor, just in case I "accidentally" park at someone's favourite lot... kenna red-eyed and scratched..

Lucky MSCP have public cctv install.. so not too bad in my MSCP..

Hi Bro,

I actually wired up my Blackvue to run 24/7 too. But one thing different from you is I didn't add on Power Magic. My workshop said dun need to use it because car battery won't be drained off so fast just one night. Sometimes, even on weekends when I never use my car, the car battery is still fine on Monday and I have 2 cameras... *touchwood* :D

Some reviews based on my experience with Blackvue DR-380HD, the unit gets very hot if your car is parked in the open space during daytime. This unit of mine is actually a replacement because my 1st one up lorry after one day parking under the hot sun causing fine lines to appear in the video recorded.

And another thing i noticed, fine crack lines will appear too after awhile maybe due to the hot sun too. Why I said this is because, I am a very fussy person and when I purchased something, I will make sure that there is no scratches, etc on that thing. But on my 1st camera, I noticed a lot of fine lines on the unit and at first I was thinking, maybe I didnt check carefully when I purchased it, so for the 2nd one, I made sure I checked super throughly and as usual some fine lines have appeared after prolong parking under the sun.

Hopefully, this camera will last. Haha. :)

All in all, the graphics taken is really quite good and clear. ;)

>>> thanks bro, any idea what is the ideal minimum or how to adjust it to which settings?

Oh ya. I was about to ask that.

thanks bro, any idea what is the ideal minimum or how to adjust it to which settings?

Sorry double post :P

You have to go the desktop software provided by BlackVue, go to the Settings menu and drag the sensitivity bar to " less sensitive " direction. That's all.

bro just an idea. how abt adding a small piece of very dark solar film at the angle that the sun hits the unit, taking care not to block the lens of coz. or adding a piece of alum wrap to the body of the camera to deflect heat.  :) 

Hi Bro,

I actually wired up my Blackvue to run 24/7 too. But one thing different from you is I didn't add on Power Magic. My workshop said dun need to use it because car battery won't be drained off so fast just one night. Sometimes, even on weekends when I never use my car, the car battery is still fine on Monday and I have 2 cameras... *touchwood* :D

Some reviews based on my experience with Blackvue DR-380HD, the unit gets very hot if your car is parked in the open space during daytime. This unit of mine is actually a replacement because my 1st one up lorry after one day parking under the hot sun causing fine lines to appear in the video recorded.

And another thing i noticed, fine crack lines will appear too after awhile maybe due to the hot sun too. Why I said this is because, I am a very fussy person and when I purchased something, I will make sure that there is no scratches, etc on that thing. But on my 1st camera, I noticed a lot of fine lines on the unit and at first I was thinking, maybe I didnt check carefully when I purchased it, so for the 2nd one, I made sure I checked super throughly and as usual some fine lines have appeared after prolong parking under the sun.

Hopefully, this camera will last. Haha. :)

All in all, the graphics taken is really quite good and clear. ;)

Solar film or shielding can only work for a while.. After long time exposed to sun, the unit will eventually get heated up anyway..

When i parked i use part of my aluminium sun shade for the windscreen to block the camera, but still will be hot, just like everything else in the car :)

Actually if possible, try to park under shades, be it for the good of the camera or for the rest of the plastic parts in the car.