soufigo

Wishful thingking maybe by M.I. group CEO?

23 posts in this topic

581052_10150928980008313_509423312_11373

I personally feel ( i may be wrong) that this is a bad move by motor image. to place the brz and future models in the premium market. they will have to contend with mercs and the likes which i don't think subaru have any chance at all. i mean, if i were to look for a premium car, subaru will be the last thing i will look at. quite an arrogant stance by the group ceo.
1 person likes this

ya, agree with you totally. the brz wasn't even designed that way. its WAS designed to be a cheap, light weight, highly mod-able and fun to drive machine for enthusiastic car lovers. premium car buyers will hardly appreciate the low cg and comfy pedal layout.

the reason why the 2013 wrx has to separate from the impreza is because subaru is moving further and further from its racing and sporty roots. that is why it must be separated, so that two different groups of people don't have to be compromised with a mixed up 1/2 way offering. the brz is a pre-cursor to this direction. whatever is sweet in the brz will definately find its way to the '13 wrx. how are you going to sell the '13 wrx when it comes out? premium brand, high end, expensive and out of reach?

omfg, what a let down from the ivory tower.

Premium? High end? Move away from modified and racing scene?

The "ah seng" singlish speaking useless irritating rubbish commercials should then stop.

And subaru sales come mainly from people who wanna buy a car to mod.

Shooting himself in the head.

With such statements i'd rather get an 86. Same damn car anyway.

Same Model Type .. But Difference Marketing Strategy + Branding....

Toyota 86 - Boy racer who want that extra zooom with drifting capability.

BRZ - Executive look with luxury price tag.

I personally feel ( i may be wrong) that this is a bad move by harry potter. to place the brz and future models in the premium market. they will have to contend with mercs and the likes which i don't think subaru have any chance at all. i mean, if i were to look for a premium car, subaru will be the last thing i will look at. quite an arrogant stance by the group ceo.

agree with u.....read this EVO magazine....write-ups on this car was really bad....when compared to other makes including GC8...

agreed with all the above bros thoughts.

puzzled me is that subaru was built and designed for wrc, all along has modified and racing image, by bringing in auto version and raise price could penetrate into premium market ?

marketing point of view, lots of effort in long run perhaps a yes.

but definately kills the large boy racer segment in short run.

i would agree if this strategy is applied in emerging markets.

but a very silly strategy for local market with coe.

ah seng arh, wake up !

Sorry to say... It's not even in my WISH LIST icon_lol.gif

I personally think that Mr Glenn's head has some loose nuts... both are the same car and what makes the BRZ a more up market than the latter? Just by price and it's a SUBARU?

Pls... start by making and launching a different brand and prestige like what Toyota did with Lexus... then shout at the top of his lungs and say this.... hahaha...

I fully agree with the comments by the other bros above and I just feel it's a whole load of crap...

"Moving away Subaru from its modified and racing image" - This man should resign from his position, he's CLEARLY out of touch with the Subaru community

It's ridiculous - I went to MI to see the BRZ, and test drives aren't even allowed for this car. Say I have to put deposit first. How to sell car like that? And it's not like the car has 500hp or something.

The reason why I picked BRZ over the 86 is that I perfer the BRZ's bumper design over the 86. Looks more fierce.

Totally dislike the "ah seng" singlish speaking advertisements. Destroys the already quite bad image of Subarus as being an "ah beng's car". I really like how Subarus are made (versus the likes of Toyota, Honda, etc.). The interior is really driver focused with no bullshit. The other Jap brand on my list of "likes" is Mazda. I think no other brands come close, not even Lexus. It's all too fancy and yucky. I would pick a VW over them anytime.

Premium? High end? Move away from modified and racing scene?

The "ah seng" singlish speaking useless irritating rubbish commercials should then stop.

And subaru sales come mainly from people who wanna buy a car to mod.

Shooting himself in the head.

With such statements i'd rather get an 86. Same damn car anyway.

I still remember on my sh9 forester , when I changed rims only , they had it recorded during first serving and tell me if the drive shaft spoilt or ........ Warranty no cover . And that's it I only came back for the free serving and bye bye MI .

Dun wan racing image????

Without the popularity it had with wrc, wrx and sti, subaru would be nothing man....

They are banking on the new forester now , mass market , no meng image ie MI

was at the showroom a couple of months back in LENG KEE and guess what... not a sight of WRX/STi or any performance car. 
they really have moved away from that image.

Just wondering if they are going to bring in future models of the performance cars or we have to go to parallel imports for help.. in any case i got another 3 more yrs to go.. hopefully the COE and MI direction is inline with my expectations..

MI is selling BRZ higher price than Borneo 86. Although I'm a diehard fan with few Subaru before, but really no brainer to pay more for just a badge so bought a Toyota 86 instead...

A sports car that's not supposed to be modded and raced and drifted?

That's oxymoron to be put in the polite way.

I think this CEO has no idea what he's saying. He doesn't even know what BRZ is supposed to be.

I personally feel ( i may be wrong) that this is a bad move by motor image. to place the brz and future models in the premium market. they will have to contend with mercs and the likes which i don't think subaru have any chance at all. i mean, if i were to look for a premium car, subaru will be the last thing i will look at. quite an arrogant stance by the group ceo.

This CEO guy does not know how to run business. If I have to pay for that kind of price, I will choose Benz which has high resale value and interior has better quality. Get real. We dun see much BRZ anyway on the road.

1 person likes this

"Moving away Subaru from its modified and racing image" - This man should resign from his position, he's CLEARLY out of touch with the Subaru community

Bro, maybe he had to said it because to gain the 'good look' from the authority... 

On 27/02/2013 at 4:23 PM, Stealth77 said:

I personally think that Mr Glenn's head has some loose nuts... both are the same car and what makes the BRZ a more up market than the latter? Just by price and it's a SUBARU?

Pls... start by making and launching a different brand and prestige like what Toyota did with Lexus... then shout at the top of his lungs and say this.... hahaha...

I fully agree with the comments by the other bros above and I just feel it's a whole load of crap...

Motor Image is the wrong company to promote Subaru..

They've been doing quite well though, and they are holding the Subaru agency in more countries than just Singapore. Unfortunately the COE is pricing the Jap cars out of reach of most buyers.