Guest kcloy23xsg

subaru XV owners

55 posts in this topic

hei bro... izam here.. i own a xv too.. tangarine orange.. but mine is the 1.6

Hows the drive Izam?

I'm thinking of getting the 1.6 as well. Any takes on your purchase? what do you like and not like?

hi bro... i just love the xv.. to me its the best car that subaru has created..... bt the fuel economy is wonderful.. im able to get 860km in full tank... i drove about 70-90 kmh.... just relaz driving.. gt 2babies.. but overtaking is sluggies.... maybe under power bt overall is a superb car for me... bt in other words 1man candy might be another poison.

1 person likes this

hi bro... i just love the xv.. to me its the best car that subaru has created..... bt the fuel economy is wonderful.. im able to get 860km in full tank... i drove about 70-90 kmh.... just relaz driving.. gt 2babies.. but overtaking is sluggies.... maybe under power bt overall is a superb car for me... bt in other words 1man candy might be another poison.

Bro how many litres you top up for 860km mileage? Its very good!

i think its 50l... not sure as i seldomm top up when empty 3/4 i go jb top up.. if seldom drive cn last for 2weeks bt if everyday drive its 1wk..diff pedal behaviour will get diff gas mil.... bt im modding it to custom rear tyre swing tail gate ..bcos no spare tyre for vx... if go malaysia jialat if flat tyre...

what do you mean about the custom tail gate? got a pic of what you are doing? its got no space for spare tyre issit?

Hows the drive Izam?

I'm thinking of getting the 1.6 as well. Any takes on your purchase? what do you like and not like?

Hi, I just booked a black 1.6 XV recently too. Hope you booked 1 too.

Is there any accessories for this car in the market as no many of this model on the road.

Nay, not yet. you got it at 119K? Did they throw in any other stuff other than the advertised goodies?

i dont think there are any upgrades or mods as of yet. doesnt look like there are many on the road

Nay, not yet. you got it at 119K? Did they throw in any other stuff other than the advertised goodies?

i dont think there are any upgrades or mods as of yet. doesnt look like there are many on the road

No , I got a display piece with a better discount. I deal with the sales supervisor and pretty good with his discount.

sms me at 96334692 if you are keen on SE contact. interest rate at 1.88 too

i think its 50l... not sure as i seldomm top up when empty 3/4 i go jb top up.. 

Hi izam,

After you top up petrol, zero the trip meter, start you travels.

The next top up, you take the km travelled, divide by the litres of petrol you pump in.

This will give you accurate km/l

Please keep post on the numbers. 

Thanks a lot

No , I got a display piece with a better discount. I deal with the sales supervisor and pretty good with his discount.

sms me at 96334692 if you are keen on SE contact. interest rate at 1.88 too

Hi Easy, there is another showroom silver piece 1.6 XV for sale - are you keen - can get a few K off from current price. 

I am easy as just another car for daily usage.

hi XVers..

i am looking at XV too.. i am following you guys on your fuel consumptions..

I heard of some time delay after switching gear from Reverse to Drive and then driving off. Any comment on this? Thanks..

Hi XV owners, another owner check-in.

Just send in my 2012 July XV for a 50,000km servicing.

Just wanna know if there any owner has hit that mileage and what had you guy experience from the XV.

Lately i find that the rear shock squeek on bend and bumpy road possibly due to wear & tear. [any take on that]

To date the best family car by far. Best F.C by far @ 1059km full tank on a 1.6 engine.

On other note, i understood that the ride is abit underpower. Is there possibility to increase in such form that wont void it 5 years warranty.

Thanks 

Ian Sam

Hi Sam,

Nice to hear the FC data from you. Is your ride 90% highway ?

I am still waiting for the coe for this car.

How is the aircon blower, cool enough fo rthe rear passanger.

If you want to have a better power , you can consider de-cat (illegal here).

Else use a performance plug / performance air filter (very small improvement only).

Hi Colin03,

Spot on 90% Highway, steady foot meat on cruising.

Adopt good driving habit learn from all the overseas driving & few track experience.

Good aircon blower, no complain from my rear passenger but might be to cold for the driver.

As i often tend to put it at 25, just nice in this tropical country.

The current setup K&N filter & performance plug 3 leg type but still feel underpower.

Awaiting to get quote from M.I for tune increase hp & better torque band.

COE wise, last i heard from insider that nearing CNY is the best bet. with XV 1.6 on CEVS 5,000 rebate.

seem good deal for now, compare to when my family first bought it like July 2012.

Price seem fair.

Ian Sam

Hi Colin03,

Adopt good driving habit learn from all the overseas driving & few track experience.

Good aircon blower, no complain from my rear passenger but might be to cold for the driver.

The current setup K&N filter & performance plug 3 leg type but still feel underpower.

COE wise, last i heard from insider that nearing CNY is the best bet. with XV 1.6 on CEVS 5,000 rebate.

seem good deal for now, compare to when my family first bought it like July 2012.

Price seem fair.

Ian Sam

Hi Sam

Do update on MI quote and details breakdown once you have it.  Understand can install a small turbo on the 1.6cc just for pick-up lag.

I am tied for 12 bids by MI till mar 14, hope the coe will fall after the chinese new year period.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum though not new to Subaru.   :)

Interested to get the XV 1.6.  Please share with me what's a good entry price and also what accessories or services to ask for.

Thanks

Hi Colin03,

Price seem fair.

Ian Sam

Hi, I just received my XV for few days - just wonder can the auto shut-down of the engine at stationary can be permanent off as is always "on" upon start up. As jam situation, I need the air-con to coo me down - thanks on your feedback.

Hi, I just received my XV for few days - just wonder can the auto shut-down of the engine at stationary can be permanent off as is always "on" upon start up. As jam situation, I need the air-con to coo me down - thanks on your feedback.

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from overseas.

Apparently, the Auto Start-Stop can't be permanently off. Due to the ECU setting for fuel efficiency sake.

But the latest info from Subaru UK, there ways to do it.

As of now still awaiting for a buddy of my, whom own the same GP7 as ours for an update matter at hand.

On the other hand,

I believe there a switch to kill it right on the right hand side near the lowering switch for lighting, but you will need to kill every time when driving it to prevent from system kick in. I don't literarily full brake paddle in, normally half-brake is sufficient for this car. As the Brake booster is bloody strong, 70-30 ratio (70% front-30% rear) rather then the usual 60-40 ratio. So the nuisance Auto Start-Stop has no impact on me what so ever.  Also even if the act enter into Start-Stop mode, the engine dies off but the air-con unit still running. That what the technical advisor told me, but i have yet to tried. 

Hope this Helps.

Cheers

Ian Sam,

Thanks Ian,

I find that the suspension is rather hard as compare to my previous SUV resulting squeezing sound when the road is uneven.

I am still sourcing for the door visors, any contact other then IM,  please drop me the contact .

Our Malaysia side also do not have.

Tks.  

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum page.

Just took delivery of XV a week ago.

I intend to fix window visor. However, I was quoted at $240, before gst at MI. I think it's a little ex for a set of visor. I check out some accessories outlet and none seem to have it.

Anyone out there knows where I can get one, without having to pay the MI price.

Thanks!

The best shop I can think of is AutoEnginuity in Glenmarie KL. This is their webby, they have a Project XV they are doing I think.

http://www.ae.net.my/

The XV is assembled outside of KL at a Tan Chong factory fyi.