FSP

Car Camera - Post Ur Daily Encounters Here!

No la. Just need to make a U turn & go from the other side. My house carpark have 2 enterance.

While I'm still shopping for a camera, an idiot hit & run on my parked car this morning.

Bumper scratches with number plate broken into two. Spoilt my mood early morning.

& yes, I just groom my car yesterday!

Guest Wyven

Juz my take, if I didn't get a front and rear cam, I would be in deep shit now as the car that reverse into me claim I rear end him. Lucky for me I had dvr. Unlucky for him, he didn't heard me when I told him I have dvr. And decided to claim I rear end him.

Things to note. After this accident, I will upgrade my dvr. Also get one that does not emit out led light so that they can capture night vision as it will give ur Dvr away. The whole deal of me winning is, 1.he didn't know it was there. 2.not knowing I have one and so he decide to juz cover it wif a simple lie. If he knew I had one he would elaborate a sophisticate story wif a few sad story.

So guys dun save on this equipment. Get a good and reputable brand. Money can always earn back.

kns.... BMW's signal lever too expensive meh? cant bear to use!!!

bloody hell, drive like she own the road!!! hello... i am paying more road tax than your 3 series hor!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest Wyven

Lol, juz fitted my fxd900 and loving it. Everytime start car have Korean talk to me but I dun understand a thing she say. But who care, way cheaper than getting it in sg.

I thought under dash cam settings on the computer can set the language? Else I believe you can download the firmware to upgrade.

Guest Wyven

My is made in Korea and bought there. Haha authentic cam from there. Everything is in Korean. Dun even know how to read the setting. Bought it last mth when I went there for holiday. Bang for bucks so I figure it's worth the while.

What you can do is this:

Download the English software and install on your PC.

You can find it here:

thinkwaredashcam.com

F550 is the same as the 900. Confirmed by Thinkware so you can use it.

After you've installed the software on your PC, open the software, take our your micro SD card from the camera, use the reader supplied with the camera and plug it in your computer USB port. The dash cam software should read your card.

Once you've decided on the settings you want including the language, save the changes and remove the card and put it in the camera. You should hear a nice English voice greeting you. Else just download the firmware package and load into the camera by copying the firmware upgrade package into the card. The camera will do everything for you once the card is inserted.

Note: I didn't like the default setting where everything will be overwritten including incidents and parking incidents. You can change this by unchecking those options on the dash cam software.

Hope this helps.

Guest Wyven

Wooh, thks man, not good wif all the software stuff. I only good wif diy. Wif this it will save me tons of time. Even if it doesn't work, I am still grateful wif the help rendered.

No worries, glad to help.

There are a couple of things to note. The camera ONLY supports up to 32 GB micro SD cards and MUST be Class 10 minimum. So don't use any type of card or the images won't record properly.

When putting in a new card, wait a couple of minutes until you hear the start up (irritating) sound...that means that the camera has finished formatting the card and is ready for use.

Here is the thing, if you decide to toggle between 2 micro SD cards, remember to have the settings saved on BOTH cards...because the camera reads whatever setting is stored on the card that's inserted that is why it takes a couple of minutes before you hear the sound.

The manufacturer designed this such that you don't need to remove the card until something happens, as such, all incidents will automatically be overwritten by default (NOT ideal in my opinion)...as such, remember to set up the camera according to your preferences including all sensitivity. Initially, I started out too sensitive and keep having to remove the card to delete the files, which isn't really a problem since I've got a reader that I can plug direct to my phone (On The Go aka OTG reader)...now it's just right...you probably have to try a couple of times too to get the setting you like...heh...

Sequence: Big blaring start up sound -> Continuous recording is now available, during parking: motion dectected X number, incidents (if any else won't say). This is provided you set up for surveillance mode...if not, nothing will be said after "continuous recording is now available".

When you use the software, the dash cam setting will only be available if a card is inserted. You should really try the English software because you can see via Google maps where the car/incident took place. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

;)

Guest Wyven

Bro B747, can hand phone does the same job as the pc. My whole house hold are running on apple. I can borrow my friend hp but hope it does the job.

Wah, HUAT ah, cannot download the software as I am using Mac siah.

Okay... If you are around the East side I can offer my services to help you with doing up the settings. I can also show you the workaround to view the videos.

Bro B747, can hand phone does the same job as the pc. My whole house hold are running on apple. I can borrow my friend hp but hope it does the job.

Mobile phones can view the videos but cannot change camera settings.