Vonmuck

Comfortable Suspension for daily driving

57 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for the most comfortable street coil overs?

The current one are too hard, complains by my old parents.

Or will it be stupid to change to the stock suspensions? (How much are the stock suspensions?)

Driving a STI 5DR.

Thanks in advance!

Why not? If u dun track or drive like a racer, u dun need hard core shocks. With the current poor condition of some of our roads bouncing and hopping around, u lose traction instead.

I read some of the threads here, some bros say getting a full new set from MI is the same price as high end coil overs.

Yup I am not a hardcore or fast driver...

any chances anyone looking to trade or sell off their stock suspensions?

bistein or KW V3 very comfy and the best on our lousy road, it still feels good :)slightly expensive but value for money $ :) handling is gd too. i am using kwv3 hence i know how gd the comfort level is

Bilstein which model suitable?

How about KW v1 which is cheaper? Should be softer than v3?

last time i sat on fren ride was pss9, the current i am not sure, perhaps impovement been made to the latest blistein. never sat on a V1 so unable to comment. but the comfort for V3 is good. i tried tein flex too hard for my liking so i purchased V3

I am on KW1s. Colleague who is on Bilsteins commented that my KW1s are slightly harder than Bilsteins. I am on KW1s. KW1s only height adjustable, V3s, Clubsport have many adjustable features :) of course price difference is huge but they don't have it for my model. :(

Btw Vonmuck, you sure you interested in stock suspensions? very soft and I have a full set (struts and spring) after changing to my KWs. Willing to let go at $400.00.

I am on KW1s. Colleague who is on Bilsteins commented that my KW1s are slightly harder than Bilsteins. I am on KW1s. KW1s only height adjustable, V3s, Clubsport have many adjustable features :) of course price difference is huge but they don't have it for my model. :(

His bilstein which model u know?

B8s and the combo with the springs is B12 (with pro kit) .

Anyone know which is a better shop to buy Bilsteins?

bistein or KW V3 very comfy and the best on our lousy road, it still feels good :)slightly expensive but value for money $ :) handling is gd too. i am using kwv3 hence i know how gd the comfort level is

Yes, I agree our road getting lousier. But we go Malaysia quite often for family holiday, so I am setting up the STI more towards a tourer. (Comfort biased)

Maybe got chance , I would love to sit in your car and have a feel going around your house estate.

Btw Vonmuck, you sure you interested in stock suspensions? very soft and I have a full set (struts and spring) after changing to my KWs. Willing to let go at $400.00.

topo-king, how many km / how long was yr stock suspensions used for? 5DR STI?

I sat in a fellow bro's STI on stock, I think it is good enough for me... Hahaha I am a slow driver!

Finally Get Hold of Conti Brand Coilover..... Here my Week 1 Review...

Brand : Weitec GT By KW ( aka KW V1 equivalent )

Ride : 2007 JDM Atrex

8764601880_d40b468162.jpg

Getting Hold of this coil after my Tein give way.... 

First impression after lupping this coil, comfort level still acceptable, not very soft or very hard... to me, it much comfortable than Tein SS

Normal City Driving : This coil can absorb most un-even road nicely, but during slow speed, the car still will feel and follow the imperfection of the road

High Speed Driving : This is when this coil will show you it power... Car feel quite planted to the road. Absorb hump more and more under Control, can take corner but car will still roll abit but still in a very neutral manner.. 

Overall, i'm quite happy with this set of coil, will review again once the coil have Set-In... 

1 person likes this

Hmm, I always travel far up north with my family,

think stock suspensions will be best suited?

How long till your tein gave way?

1 year plus only.... 

Finally Get Hold of Conti Brand Coilover..... Here my Week 1 Review...

Brand : Weitec GT By KW ( aka KW V1 equivalent )

Ride : 2007 JDM Atrex

8764601880_d40b468162.jpg

Getting Hold of this coil after my Tein give way.... 

First impression after lupping this coil, comfort level still acceptable, not very soft or very hard... to me, it much comfortable than Tein SS

Normal City Driving : This coil can absorb most un-even road nicely, but during slow speed, the car still will feel and follow the imperfection of the road

High Speed Driving : This is when this coil will show you it power... Car feel quite planted to the road. Absorb hump more and more under Control, can take corner but car will still roll abit but still in a very neutral manner.. 

Overall, i'm quite happy with this set of coil, will review again once the coil have Set-In... 

How much did the coilover cost bro?

1 person likes this

my vote for KW v1 coilover thou price a bit steep but - comfort plus good cornering grip are good....