sg_rexer

SPC users

33 posts in this topic

Hi all

Just sharing something I found out.

The Thomson SPC outlet near sembawang hill is closing doing soon and is giving away $3 coupon for every $50 pumped.. been to a few and they arent giving away.

My $108 full tank after discount is $86 with a bottle of sprite!

Good reason to keep boosting!!

1 person likes this

I have tried SPC one when it had 20% off during saf day.. And i don like the feel, and Fc is bad.

Hi bros

I tried pumping 98 esso to the fullest and needle reach first quarter and my mileage is 70km..is it normal?

Haven't been boosting much..

I have tried SPC one when it had 20% off during saf day.. And i don like the feel, and Fc is bad.

I tried Esso, Shell and Spc. Shell gives me better mileage out of these 3.

Hi bros

I tried pumping 98 esso to the fullest and needle reach first quarter and my mileage is 70km..is it normal?

There are few factors like egine health, tuning and etc.

For mine, I usually clock 120-130km when needle reaches the 1st quarter mark. Full tank will hit 410-420km when light on.

Sorry to hear it doesnt work for you. . Been using SPC cause of convenience. .

Btw that coupon can be used at any outlet..

Hi bros

I get a range of 90 - 120km but again I m on stock setup and a pussy footer..

Even with the $3 off every $50 pump, still can't beat DBS ESSO card 17%.....

What is the catch for the 17%? If its consist without promotions might be worth considering. .

Btw I got 15% + $6 coupon. . =)

Hi bros

Urs auto Rex?

can i ask you guys, when your lights on, 

1. is the needle align with E flat?

2. or the needle is above E?

last time my lights on normally occur AFTER the needle align with E, just last week, lights on above E, not even touching E at all. This has messed up my calculation for FC.

So if diff car has diff 'lights on point', then logically our main and reserve are different.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

can i ask you guys, when your lights on, 

1. is the needle align with E flat?

2. or the needle is above E?

last time my lights on normally occur AFTER the needle align with E, just last week, lights on above E, not even touching E at all. This has messed up my calculation for FC.

So if diff car has diff 'lights on point', then logically our main and reserve are different.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Even for the same car, the time the lights on will vary, especially if your car is going up/down steep slopes (e.g. some multi-storey carparks), so using the "lights on" as reference is not a good idea.

Hi bros

Mine same about 70-80km when hit first quarter. Full tank 400-420. Mine autorex

What is the catch for the 17%? If its consist without promotions might be worth considering. .

Btw I got 15% + $6 coupon. . =)

No catch at all. Regardless what grade or how much petrol u pump, as long as u use a DBS ESSO credit card, is a straight 17% off the bills.

No catch at all. Regardless what grade or how much petrol u pump, as long as u use a DBS ESSO credit card, is a straight 17% off the bills.

Will do my sums and see which is cheaper.. lol

Will do my sums and see which is cheaper.. lol

At SPC, if you use AMEX card on Fri, Sat & Sun will get 16% discount. Better still if your company provide a Corporate AMEX card, 16% everyday.

i saw a brochure which hsbc sent me, 18 or 19% off with hsbc card. always forget to look at it, brochure still in my car.

i saw a brochure which hsbc sent me, 18 or 19% off with hsbc card. always forget to look at it, brochure still in my car.

For which petrol?

I m currently sticking to SPC cause of the $3 coupon. With my discounts plus that I get about 20% discount in total but gotta pump $100..

Will be going to the tuner next week and will post the question of quality petrol and whats his tots are

For which petrol?

i just visited their webby, only hsbc premier can get 19% off shell petrol. need to have 200k deposit with them to get premier card.

I m currently sticking to SPC cause of the $3 coupon. With my discounts plus that I get about 20% discount in total but gotta pump $100..

Will be going to the tuner next week and will post the question of quality petrol and whats his tots are

should ask those petrol engineers instead.. heard once that Esso 98 is the better choice. different grades of oil are because of the additives that the put to make it 95, 98 and so on..

Anyone can confirm??

HSBC need to hit certain amount then eligible for the cash rebate. If not, is only 11% for caltex.

actually, right now SPC has the best discounts -> 15% discount up front + $3 off every 50 pumped + 6% rebates (stored in the card) if you used POSB everyday credit car by July end.

otherwise, from Aug till Sep, everything is the same except that it is 3% rebate for the POSB credit card.