auraking

Need HELP!! Dry Clutch and abit of a fuel surge problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi, recently i just converted my clutch from a wet to a dry clutch set and it started working very well, but as it was very different, its very hard getting used to the dry clutch so sometimes when i move off my whole car will vibrate quite abit so now i try revving it abit more to around 3k rpm before moving off and it was alright at first but recently sometimes when i move off i hear alot of weird noises coming from my clutch area so i'm very worried about this problem, the sound is not the rattling sound from dry clutch but it almost feels like i've spoilt the clutch, im currently using a HKS Twin Plate and what are the maintenances that i have to do to a dry clutch? not very sure about that as well, also im not sure if it's just me or recently my Fuel Surge tank is also buzzing louder than it used to like alot louder but it might be because today i was driving for about 100+km non stop or does that never happen? hmm so if anyone has any idea please do let me know haha thank you : )

Can you describe the sound you get when moving off?

On the whole, twin plate clutches can be very noisy and produce all sorts of sounds you don't get with the stock clutch, especially when moving off, during deceleration etc.

If you're worried, better consult the workshop where you installed the clutch, they'll be able to tell whether it's normal or not.

is it a grinding sound? any burnt smell when you hear the sound?

Also, fuel pump tends to make the buzzing noise. It will come on and off, especially during warm up. If it is too loud, seek a mechanic to listen; a failed fuel pump on the highway is extremely dangerous, from experience.

Hmm, i can't exactly say what kind of sound it is as i am really not sure how to explain it, but it almost feels like the clutch is breaking and if i'm not wrong while i was at my biting point the clutch felt like it was eating than it lost the grip than eat again, but my leg wasn't moving at all, there isn't any burning smell or any grinding noise just the normal dry clutch sound and the weird sound that happens sometimes.

I tried letting my car cool down for more than 8hrs and tried running it again and now that clutch breaking feeling and the weird sound is gone but really afraid that it might come back, could it be that maybe because i was using my car for too long just now and maybe it was too hot or something? the oil temp was about 100c but maybe because there was a jam but when i took it back on the highway it fell to 90c or so but water temp was less than half : ((

yea i better get my fuel surge tank checked out but after letting the car sit for more than 8 hrs the buzzing was back to normal could it be the heat? or maybe its just me haha, oh yea also does have a surge tank and bigger injectors cause your fuel consumption to be really bad? because my car was running like 400km full tank and now after changing to some 800cc injectors and a fuel surge and a tune its like 250 - 270 freaking 1L - 5.1KM on a 50L fuel tank man haha

once again thank you guys so much for helping me out really just wanna make sure my car is safe but still have dah powahh : D haha :)))))

Hmm went to my Workshop today and they said that there was nothing wrong with my fuel surge but my Clutch is really worn out already and will only last 2 to 3 weeks more at most, really regret chaning to dry clutch but maybe it because of the driver haha thanks guys : ))

Wow, that fast? Did you buy the clutch second hand? No reason for it to wear out so quickly for road use no matter how you drive it.

Change from wet to dry clutch???? Care to explain how? Are u sure urs is wet clutch in the 1st place???

yea mine i got as a second hand and it was still rather okay when i saw it : (

haha i mean from the normal single plate to the twin plate one's the one with the ringing haha