mugen boi

Survey: Motor Image Experience

hi there

hope to have seniors inputs & comments regarding some of my questions

1. wat attracts u ppl to go to outside wksps instead of going back to agents?

2. wat r the things u would like to c so that u will go back to agents?

3. r u willing to go back to agents if eg. modifications done at agents don't void ur warranty, sponsoring forum events, grp discounts etc

4. any other suggestions tat the company can improve

thanx :P

Wa. You work for agents? My 2 cents is parts at the agent are too overpriced. This one point already sianz liao. Furthermore agents don't do performance mods which most owners will be very keen to venture. The only thing which will attract me to go back if car is under warranty and replacement parts are foc.;-)

- cheaper service

- near to home

- sat working day

- known mechanics

- can call mechanics and seek advise

- aftermarket parts and accessories available 

- beautiful PR officer/ manager maybe?

3. r u willing to go back to agents if eg. modifications done at agents don't void ur warranty, sponsoring forum events, grp discounts etc

- can consider, but most likely not...

- do it like outside workshop

- offer cheaper service, cheaper parts

- dont everything void warranty

- provide alternative solutions to problem solving for cost saving... not every time and everything need to change need to change

Veilside05: ya...working for agents. Task to improve company. Will look into overpriced parts. We r considering modifications being done at agents while retaining warranty. When ur car under warranty, it's part is free.

b20: we r working ½ day on Sat. As company had a structure, tats y u communicate w/ advisors. We will look into bringing in aftermarket parts n accessories. Beautiful PR or manager will b a bit hard le. It's not b coz we dun repair, juz tat some parts r not repairable n new part replaced will give u a better security tat things won't fail u again.

Insignia: this will b hard as company decide the layout.

every time i go back agent, the following happens.

send in to fix A, A fixed, B broken

send in to fix B, C broken

seems that they don't do quality check after they finish work on the car even on basic maintenance tasks

talk to advisor is not equal to talking to mechanic... i want to be able to talk to the mechanic who worked on my car and therefore is accountable for the work that they do on it, be it good or bad.

good then i can offer good feedback. bad then i can let him know what he missed out, you know?

a mechanic's job is a work of art. it takes skill and pride to do a good job.

just like in a fine dining restaurant, the chef serves you personally instead of the waiter, so that he can get direct feedback and input from the customer and see the customer's smile or scowl.

every time i go back agent, the following happens.

send in to fix A, A fixed, B broken

send in to fix B, C broken

seems that they don't do quality check after they finish work on the car even on basic maintenance tasks

talk to advisor is not equal to talking to mechanic... i want to be able to talk to the mechanic who worked on my car and therefore is accountable for the work that they do on it, be it good or bad.

good then i can offer good feedback. bad then i can let him know what he missed out, you know?

a mechanic's job is a work of art. it takes skill and pride to do a good job.

just like in a fine dining restaurant, the chef serves you personally instead of the waiter, so that he can get direct feedback and input from the customer and see the customer's smile or scowl.

thanx for ur inputs

regarding fixing A then B spoil, fixed B then C spoil, hope u understand tat we wouldn't know when will mechanical parts break down. We wouldn't want to ask you to replace all the relevant working parts with regards to the spoilt part. For example, radiator leak, we will replace radiator. We will not ask you to replace radiator hose, thermostat, radiator fan, fan switch, coolant sensor etc whereby they are perfectly fine when we found out tat leakage is only from radiator. For cause we can do a preventive measure by replacing more related stuffs but u will incur a bit more. Some may be more understanding n willing to go ahead with the preventive measure while some will just wait till it spoil then change.

we r all accountable for ur car n not juz the mechanic who works on ur car. Most agents n some outside wksp will have a standard SOP n each of us has their own roles to do, therefore customers will communicate with advisors n not directly to mechanics. Not all chefs from fine dining restaurants will serve u personally as the task of serving is left for the waiters to do.

I changed timing belt and requested for a check on all hoses and belts, and replaced some hoses as recommended.

Change timing belt already, few days later a radiator hose break.

Replace radiator hose, few days later aircon belt became loose.

Mechanic check aircon belt, doesn't need changing yet, so it was tightened.

Tighten aircon belt already, front windscreen washer spray stopped working immediately after that. rear one still working.

Either i am suay, or my car doesn't like going to toa payoh, because usually when i send my car to a workshop, i don't need to return until the next scheduled servicing

True story.

I'm still wondering why they recommended me to replace some hoses but not the hose that broke, and how the aircon belt passed their inspection and still became loose within 1 week.

Windscreen washer not sure why not working anymore after tightening the belt, but i'm not going back because everything else works and i don't want to go back and forth like a ping pong ball.

The MI experience sucks!

Most of us have got unpleasant experiences with MI after-sales service.

Maybe car sales has been slow and MI is trying to win back some customers but I think it's too late!

Few point:

1. Too expensive, you can get similar or better part outside market.

2. Bad service, keep saying to void your warranty.

3. Bad car servicing job done.

This are my experience. May differ from others

Wah bro go showroom wanna change to new car siboh? Hehe... Btw ur car misfire solved or still have?

Sorry, nvr saw ur posting. Haha. Drive past only la, where got $$ to change car. Misfire still have, ordered a ngk cable but haven change yet.

So many people have given you advice but you just deflect them by saying that your company do things is like that. We are telling you why we go outside mechs so if you insist on operating a certain way then you will continue to lose out on our business lor.

• Like 1

here my input...

- can see my car while it is being work on.

- know who the mech working on my car

- Much Cheaper

- personalise feel

- n most important of all...... downtime is shorter. based on my last exp, send the car in early in the morning.... 5pm liao.. still must call and check whether my car ready or not. Cut the crap on si mi how many piont checks.... wu check bo check... only the mech knows!!!!

-  dont foresee anything to make me go back.

- refer to my points in Q1

- can consider if my car is still new.

- sponsoring forum events, pls talk to forum admins...

- grp discount will be good

- change the management!

• Like 1

Still collecting inputs for improvement?

It is indeed courage of you to engage feedbacks here, so as to improve on the marketing strategy in retaining existing customer base.

A drastic change is required, in which the changes must be from top-down, instead of bottom up. It must be a strategy that is initiated by the top management, then such plan can be fulfilled. If it is just a strategy of part of a division in your company, then such values will never be recognised in the top mangement business plan.

It is of important of today automotive agent to attract new car customers, and at the same time retain the existing car customers servicing bases. The latter sometime will yield more profit if you were to ask me, as long as our government keep "enhancing" policy in the name of vehicle population control.

What you need to bring back to your team, is perhaps the honest answers which most seniors had provided. Some are very personal and individual, but yet these are good feedbacks.

Last but not least, you may also suggest to your manager to visit those external workshops. and he/she will fully aware of why many have left the agent servicing center for good.

• Like 1

i did hv my engine compartment wash at MI (i think it was $12) after the normal servicing in TP .After collecting my keys , i have this feeling to have a look at the engine ( which i tot hv already been washed) and supprisingly it was still dirty as the dust still visible and can easily be wipe by my hand. i consulted the so call MI advisor and what shock me is that no apologies or that regret look but just a simple reply "ok i have it clean again " 

WTF....

Btw there shd be a viewing area for the customers to see or view the mechanic service or repair their car rather than sitting for hours at the waiting area. 

Most of us don't go back to agent to service our ride. No point to wait there for few hours just to service ur ride or repair. I rather save the time by going to pro Subaru workshop to do.

• Like 1