Gohmiawe

New to subaru impreza 1.5r

124 posts in this topic

anyone mind sharing the maintenance cost and insurance for 2008 impreza 1.5A ? 

Servicing (servicing oil & oil filter buy from Source & Stockist respectively)

Motul Engine oil      - $128

Oil Filter                    - $10

Labour                     - $30

Insurance(NTUC) for me @ the point of time was $1900 after 20% @ 30 yrs old, single and 3.5 yrs of license period.

I would recommend that if can try to buy the parts from stockist and go workshop do & pay for the labour cost.

bro. I  just "upgraded" (not sure if its upgrade as my prev ride is lancer CS3) to this ride 4D 1.5R last Xmas till now other than wear and tear parts nothing major or common came up so far prob have to monitor.

ECU for me so far never lit up, my ride is about 5 years old now.

Tasks i did so far on this ride,

Immediate servicing includes changes of the below.

Engine oil

Air Filter

Aircon filter

ATF

Brake pads

Shock Absorbers(Front and Back)

Spark Plugs

TerraClean (optional as its personal preference)

Next task or rather burning my wallet will be as follows

Timing Belt Kit

Coolant 

Brake Fluid

Air Con Compressor as after diagnose was told that it can only last a year.

Lastly my rims & tyres 

These are all so far i can think of to "transform" this ride to tip condition if any bros got suggestions pls feel free to comment 

Sian right rear wheel kan tong got sound Liao when I get out of car....

thanks kai bro... so far is there any common/major issue for impreza? heard ECU always lit up...

Sorry bro I meant ECL - engine check light... Is it a common issue for impreza that it is always lit up?

nope, if it lights up basically means - the owner didnt care about the maintenance of the car, or the owner modded the car using dodgy methods. one example will be swapping to a aftermarket steering wheel without disabling the airbag sensor/check

nope, if it lights up basically means - the owner didnt care about the maintenance of the car, or the owner modded the car using dodgy methods. one example will be swapping to a aftermarket steering wheel without disabling the airbag sensor/check

I see.. Cos my fren bought a used impreza and after driving awhile his ECL keep lit up even after 1st day of servicing.. Workshop is clueless too..

with ECL lit, it is easy to read the error via a diagnostic tool. it will be way harder to troubleshoot without the ECL lighting up. I suggest u get your friend to bring his car to a pro subaru workshop.

If ur workshop is clueless that most likely not a workshop u would like to bring ur Subaru too.

Hi all,

Newbie here. Can anyone guide me on coilovers? Cause mine is already leaking. Is there any other models coilover that can fit to 1.5r? As in is wrx hatchback coilover have the same mounting with 1.5r or not?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, newbie here, just got my 5D 1.5R with about 2 years left and want to send it for servicing by next week. Any idea how much it will cost (without timing belt change and with timing belt change), and if what kai1414 said above is what I should service first immediately? 

I have my own preferred workshop that I go to, but wondering if going to pro subaru workshops will be any different (price wise and service wise)? Thanks!

Hi guys, newbie here, just got my 5D 1.5R with about 2 years left and want to send it for servicing by next week. Any idea how much it will cost (without timing belt change and with timing belt change), and if what kai1414 said above is what I should service first immediately? 

I have my own preferred workshop that I go to, but wondering if going to pro subaru workshops will be any different (price wise and service wise)? Thanks!

Err.. just to clarify.. that immediate servicing is subjective.. prob the word "immediate" is notthe correct word to use..

what i meant is what i do after getting my ride.. its up to individual preference for servicing,, Hope this clears up about the servicing part. 

Err.. just to clarify.. that immediate servicing is subjective.. prob the word "immediate" is notthe correct word to use..

what i meant is what i do after getting my ride.. its up to individual preference for servicing,, Hope this clears up about the servicing part. 

No worries, got it, thanks! :) Just wondering what I should service first and what not to service first since the previous servicing records stopped at 2011 (think the previous owner went to workshops to service rather than MI)

if the car didn't come with proper service record, then timing belt set(timing belt, tensioner, waterpump) is a must, and replace all the oil and fluid to start tracking the service interval from a clean sheet.

For change of  timing belt set(timing belt, tensioner, waterpump), its best recommended to go to pro subaru workshops mentioned in this forum to do.

For mine is due to my mileage is around 80,000km(when I bot my ride its 80k liaoz, I jus delay by 3000km like that) liaoz thats why i change. Can be push till 100,000km but I belong to the kia see category as you can see what I did for my 1st servicing. :P

Hi, I am a newbie. I just bought a Subaru Impreza 1.5R manual. i just changed timing belt set with bearings at $650/-. Is it expensive? My friend told me that it is cheap. Is it true? That workshop owner is formally from the local agent and assured me that he is the cheapest. i am still wondering......

Hi, I am a newbie. I just bought a Subaru Impreza 1.5R manual. i just changed timing belt set with bearings at $650/-. Is it expensive? My friend told me that it is cheap. Is it true? That workshop owner is formally from the local agent and assured me that he is the cheapest. i am still wondering......

On 30/06/2016 at 4:15 PM, Howardtang85 said:
On 07/06/2016 at 10:34 PM, carboi said:

Where is the workshop you went? 

Any owner can a marble rattling sound near the rear left seat. The sound can be heard when throttling up or moving across a hump. Went to workshop they can only identify Where the sound is from but not fixing it.