David2268

Forester Newbie

507 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just booked forester 2.0 XT. Hope to make friends here and learn from all.

Can't wait to drive this unbelievable SUV. What is the first poison to take?

1 person likes this

stay stock..haha..not much to mod anyways.

BTW, congrats! In the near future you might want to consider tuning. Heard can increase by 60hp. 

Cool, add another 60Hp, I want. But for now, I want to add the lighted door sill preferably with the word forester on it. Any idea where can purchase it?

that i have no idea, its really tough to look for stuff to "zhng" our ride. Even the tuning, there is no open sourced yet. So this tuning, you are looking at the figure of more than 1k. What i have done so far was changed the brakes, changed the air filter, changed the rims. 

If you plan to go msia often, might want to get strut bars and the works to strengthen your chassis. 

Hi,

Am new here also. Am not intending to Mod anything. Just collected my car last week. So far so good.

Cheers

Jtsi

haha forester group tend to be quieter i guess. 

Jtsi, lucky you. Had to keep going back to MI due to acceleration issues to the point i gave up. Went to BKS once and problem solved. 

1 person likes this

Hello,

Just booked forester 2.0 XT. Hope to make friends here and learn from all.

Can't wait to drive this unbelievable SUV. What is the first poison to take?

Hi there,

Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the Frosty club.

We are on FB as well. Do drop me a pm if you would like to join us there. 

Cheers.

Fatjack

haha forester group tend to be quieter i guess. 

Jtsi, lucky you. Had to keep going back to MI due to acceleration issues to the point i gave up. Went to BKS once and problem solved. 

Hi,

I had a whole lot of issues with my previous ride too. After some conditioning and getting to know the car, it should be better. :) 

I presume BKS is aftermarket workshop. Do you know anyone I can look for? (After my warranty expires)

Thanks and Cheers

Jtsi.

Hi,

I had a whole lot of issues with my previous ride too. After some conditioning and getting to know the car, it should be better. :)

I presume BKS is aftermarket workshop. Do you know anyone I can look for? (After my warranty expires)

Thanks and Cheers

Jtsi.

Haha, most cars will have issues, mine was just bad. Loss of power when full throttle at 70-90 km/h. And im talking rattling sound, rpm drop, car kept jerking. Brought back MI 4 times, reflashed ecu twice and upgrade firmware. Still there. Classic one liner from them that made me O.o "Cannot replicate or find the problem, so we cant do anything to help." and thats with me driving and letting the mechanic feel first hand and hear the problem. 

Kinda gave up on MI. Though my warranty is still valid, im no longer going back there. 

Yep BKS, BMS is pro scooby workshops. I go to the Northlink BKS, the boss there is ah keong. 

LOL fatjack, recruiting more members eh.

@psique Bro, no choice. I HR exec if dont work later my boss fire me. :D

Thanks fatjack. I am not able to pm. Probably need to meet quota first.

No probs David. I have dropped you a pm.

See if you have received it. 

Cheers

Joined. Tks.

Status approved. Have tagged you in a post. :)

1 person likes this

Hi, i m interested in buying the new forester 2.0xt, the salesman mentioned 5yrs free servicing, does not mean i dont have to pay a single cent for servicing? Pls advise.. thank you

Yes, this is one of the key point in my decision to buy the forester. Typically you do not pay for the labor, engine oil, oil filter when you go for servicing. Except for wear and treat parts like brake pad, air filter. So if need to pay, we can opt not to change it.

a new forester xt owner here.. collecting my ride on this sunday. Nice to meet u guys haha

Congrats. I am also looking forward to collect my car on coming Monday. Then I will send to Revol for ceramic coating protection. Make it extreme glossy too. Haha.

am thinking of getting the forestor, is the 5 year free servicing the norm or during promotion only? Also, are there any disadvantages to 4WD? Thanks

Well, it depends i guess, i only got 3 years or 60k, however stopped going to MI already. 4WD makes it more thirsty, but handling is kinda better. 

Workmanship not that good, though it's "free" (you technically pay 2k plus for it, which you can request to deduct if you don't want servicing) the time taken is too long, lost a few valve caps. I go Stamford tyres, everything done within half hr. And it's easier to speak to them about engine problems. When my car had the ecu and air flow problem, mi just said cannot replicate so can't fix. I go outside, solved within 45min.

Go figure.