Workmanship not that good, though it's "free" (you technically pay 2k plus for it, which you can request to deduct if you don't want servicing) the time taken is too long, lost a few valve caps. I go Stamford tyres, everything done within half hr. And it's easier to speak to them about engine problems. When my car had the ecu and air flow problem, mi just said cannot replicate so can't fix. I go outside, solved within 45min.

Go figure.

Agent lose out to a tyre shop? That's really bad!

• Like 1

Well both ah.. Twice during servicing twice specially go down. To me, doesn't matter where. If they can't even diagnose a problem in a brand new car, and not offer any form of rectification within warranty period, they have utterly failed in client relation and service recovery. Till now the car still has a choking feeling (though tons better after consulting both bks and Stamford), but what to do since they are clueless as well..

Hopefully your case is a one off. My 3 days of driving this new Forester has been enjoyable. Lots of nice features yet to accustom. My wife loves driving it too.

Maybe we should start a support group for SJ model. You be our captain.

Haha David2268. I believe the ride is awesome ah. Save for my issues.. It's been fantastic.. Offroading is good. Nah.. Just sharing my experience.

Nckeong yup it does

Nckeong, it has reverse camera and sensors. I spin the wheel and has front sensors installed. If you are lucky, you get $600 value vouchers.

One surprise is the car manual is so thick, about 25mm or more. And all in English, very detailed.

I had done my ceramic coating last sunday at revol too haha already done my 1st 1k servicing yesterday at toa payoh, to be honest it took dam long sent the car in around 930 got the car back around 1145.

Nckeong, I am enjoying the ride. Compared to my previous car, toyota axio it is very different. Axio is very fuel efficient, very quiet and comfy. But forester is a AWD SUV. It is still very quiet and comfy but there is a slight difference if you want to pick on it. I like the power and the handling. Awesome. You should test drive more if you are undecided. Once you like it, join us as we have started a wats apps group for SJ forester. Cheers.

Hi all,

I am newbie and I will be collecting my white xt in 2 weeks time. I'm supposed to be meeting my sales agent to talk about any additional accessories which I may want to purchase from MI. Apart from the DRL, are there any other accessories that I should consider getting from MI?

Hi all,

I am newbie and I will be collecting my white xt in 2 weeks time. I'm supposed to be meeting my sales agent to talk about any additional accessories which I may want to purchase from MI. Apart from the DRL, are there any other accessories that I should consider getting from MI?

Congrats on your new ride! To be honest, none as all of it is super over priced. try online, which you will save a buttload. i got the DRL, the rear bumper protector, and the window thingy. Set me back 1k. which now when i go online to look for it, will only cost me like 400 at max. 

Oh, do look out the WTS forum, you never know. Got my mudflaps from a nice bro at only 50 for a full set. 

HI guys, read that the new 2.0 forester has much better FC, Can anyone post some real life example? Possible to achieve 11km/l? Thanks guys.

Yup can be achieved, if you do 60 highway 40 small roads, and dont past the 25% throttle mark. Currently am at 10 - 10.5km/l

Hi Psique,

Thanks for the tip. I will keep a look-out as per your advice. By the way, will it be possible to help hook me up with the whatsapp group administrator so that I can be included into the Forester whatsapp group? Cheers!

Hi psique,

Which websites are good for such deals?

Hey, not really sure as i heard from other people. There should be stuff on alibaba and ebay. You can try www.japanparts.com for STI, Cusco etc. 

Hi Psique,

Thanks for the tip. I will keep a look-out as per your advice. By the way, will it be possible to help hook me up with the whatsapp group administrator so that I can be included into the Forester whatsapp group? Cheers!

Hey no worries, can you PM me your number? ill get the admin to include you