Alextk

Impreza 2.0 R-S manual

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have never driven a subaru car before.

Recently planning to buy used Impreza 2.0 R-S manual 2012 version. Not WRx or STI.

But i keep hearing comment like

1. FC very poor

2. Spare parts expensive

I am conern about this as my car alway clock high mileage.

Any bro who owns subaru can comment?

I strongly reckon that you go for a turbo car rather than a NA car like RS...

Personally, I think RS is under powered and FC wise it not gonna make much of a difference...

If one decides to go for Subaru one has to accept the fact that FC is gonna b an issue in the long run...

As for spare part is still relatively cheaper than continental cars but used and OEM parts are easy to find too...cheers

I strongly reckon that you go for a turbo car rather than a NA car like RS...

Personally, I think RS is under powered and FC wise it not gonna make much of a difference...

If one decides to go for Subaru one has to accept the fact that FC is gonna b an issue in the long run...

As for spare part is still relatively cheaper than continental cars but used and OEM parts are easy to find too...cheers

I cannot agree more with SGTenacious's view.

It is true that 2.0 RS na car i doubt u will enjoy it as much as turbo-charged. Plus i have seen a lot who drives NA ended up went to TCed it which ended up may spend more money.

If you dont mind, you can PM me your handphone number and i will add you to one of our subaru whatsapp groupchat. You can gain alot of knowledge there.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the feedback. For me, i do not need turbo. Most important is FC be around average 1 litre to 15km.

Heard subaru non turbo car are below 10km per litre

1L to 15km?!? I've never seen any 2L cars hitting that kind of figures. If FC is really important to you, go for a low cc eco car such as city/jazz/vios or simply get a prius or even a completely electric car.

I've owned many 2L cars - integra type r / cefiro 2.3 / bmw 523i - and current impreza 2.0RS auto: all hovered around 8-10km / L. Even my first car which is a honda jazz 1.3 idsl does about 14-15km/L only.

Buy a subaru for the looks, the awd technology, the rally performance - never for the FC.

1L to 15km?!? I've never seen any 2L cars hitting that kind of figures. If FC is really important to you, go for a low cc eco car such as city/jazz/vios or simply get a prius or even a completely electric car.

I've owned many 2L cars - integra type r / cefiro 2.3 / bmw 523i - and current impreza 2.0RS auto: all hovered around 8-10km / L. Even my first car which is a honda jazz 1.3 idsl does about 14-15km/L only.

Buy a subaru for the looks, the awd technology, the rally performance - never for the FC.

Well said bro! Cant agree with you any further on this. Lets be very realistic when it comes to subaru cars, moreover currently no 2000cc car can allow you to have 15km/l unless you are talking about hybrid, electric car and etc.

U want 1L/15km or better, buy other car makes ,normal fwd car like fit, or vios or better get hybrid. subaru cars are well known for awd and performance. not for fuel efficiency type.