Horse Face

New Outback 2015 Owners

61 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

As far as I know more than 20 units registered by now and mine will be in a week's time.

Hoping to start this as a new sharing thread.

Hi,

My first Subie and the first Outback to be on the road in April.

Hope to share more mod n upgrade with the you guys.

Yup beginning to see a few Outbacks on the road and happy with my ride so far.

Also my first Subaru and let's see how it lives up to the positive reviews.

Stunning fuel economy already obvious...!

I upgraded my rim & tire to 235/55/19 on the first day. Fuel consumption ard 10km/L. Whats your on stock rim?

Mine should be in the 10-11 region too.

I'm starting to get a musky smell from the AC during first starts in the mornings. Hopefully the techs can find the cause of this at my 5k servicing next week.

I'm gonna check out if the 3M mats for our ride has arrived at MI. Time to use the DUO points for some freebies.

Price of Outback is very attractive now. Tempted to get it instead of waiting for the new 2016 FXT. For current owners of Outback, how's the ride so far and will you recommend it? Appreciate all inputs although number of Outbacks are very small compared to Forester ... Thanks in advance !

We got our car in early December and have been very happy since. We originally went into the dealership with the turbocharged Forester in mind but walked out with the deposit placed for an Outback. To us the better refinement, lower NHV, nicer ride quality,  more car-like driving position (albeit similar ground clearance to a Forester), space (cargo space and I am 6ft and I could cross my legs at the back bench!) trumped the Forester. Forester does have the performance advantage but not enough to sway us. Afterall, Outback is based on Legacy which shared the bigger and better bones (chassis). Some things I do miss having are the seat memories, auto dimming rearview mirror, and lane change warning. But at this price point, I can't fault it. After a month of ownership, we are pleased.  

Thanks BerthaOutback for taking the time to share experiences on new ride. What were you driving previously?

This is our first car after moving to Singapore 3 years ago. Before that I was driving a BMW E92 335i coupe and prior to that I was driving a BMW E46 M3. 

Hi all

Got my Outback early December. It has been brilliant so far. FC average 11.5km/L, I am a relax drive. I was having the intention to buy forester XT until I tested Outback. My wife wasn't impressed with the forester interior and would prefer the outback luxury feel. By and large, this car is surely a head Turner on the road!

1 person likes this

Hi

I am Krishna. Got my outback 2 weeks ago and really like it. Was almost set on a forester XT and flipped a coin at the last minute.

So far so good, steering seems a but stiff and i need that checked out in my 1k service. Acceleration is not up to my previous ride chrysler 3.6l v6 but that was expected - and my old car was a massive gas guzzler.

Massive amount of space. Helped my friend and his family shift houses and we were done in 2 trips. Fuel economy is 9.5km/l on a blended basis. Need to keep an eye on this.

Any one looked at modding the car for proper offroad use?

Cheers

1 person likes this

Getting our outback soon.

Like to ask how is the free solar film that comes with this car? Is it good enough?

Hi all,

I will be collecting my outback in 2 weeks' time and wondering what would be a good solar film to install on the outback. I didnt want the stock solar film due to the low IRR. I am looking at the highest possible IRR that complies to LTA requirements.

Thanks

I never bothered to get the IRR numbers for the stock Autotint solar film. What is it? Care to share, please? Seems decent enough in casual use (less than an hour in hot sun)

So you told your SE you're rejecting the free solar film. Did he give you a discount instead?

Hi, its front 55% and back 60%.

Nope, disnt get a single cent back and also not much freebies from my SE.

I will look for someone else for my next car purchase.

Does anyone know what is the pcd for the outback rims? Is it 5x100 or 5x114.3?

Thanka

Hi all,

I will be collecting my outback in 2 weeks' time and wondering what would be a good solar film to install on the outback. I didnt want the stock solar film due to the low IRR. I am looking at the highest possible IRR that complies to LTA requirements.

Thanks

On 02/02/2016 at 4:15 PM, nmk said:

Hi

I am Krishna. Got my outback 2 weeks ago and really like it. Was almost set on a forester XT and flipped a coin at the last minute.

So far so good, steering seems a but stiff and i need that checked out in my 1k service. Acceleration is not up to my previous ride chrysler 3.6l v6 but that was expected - and my old car was a massive gas guzzler.

Massive amount of space. Helped my friend and his family shift houses and we were done in 2 trips. Fuel economy is 9.5km/l on a blended basis. Need to keep an eye on this.

Any one looked at modding the car for proper offroad use?

Cheers

Okay. Now that I have been driving this a outback for 6 months can provide a more rounded update:

1. Fuel economy. Seems to really vary by the driver for this car. I get about 11km/l and my wife gets 10km/l (we tend to drive alternate weeks each).

2. CVT is a bit Sluggish, especially if you are trying to do a fast lane change and accelerate. One possible workaround is to use the paddle shifters to downshift while overtaking and this gives you a bit more power

3. The workmanship on the installation of the roof rails is not great and I have had to take this to the dealer to have them fix this (during service)

Other than the above minor niggles, no real complaints. Looks good and rides comfortably. I have clocked 9000 km in 6 months and thus far the car has been as expected.

Krishna

Edited by nmk

On 7/30/2016 at 6:53 PM, nmk said:

2. CVT is a bit Sluggish, especially if you are trying to do a fast lane change and accelerate. One possible workaround is to use the paddle shifters to downshift while overtaking and this gives you a bit more power

S Mode doesn't help?

Just collected my Outback couple of weeks ago and thinking of doing up Nano Siel and Anti-Rust coating provided by MI during my 1,000KM servicing at Leng Kee.

Any recommended service advisers I should look for? Any of you Outback owners have done the above 2 services at Leng Kee? Any feedback?

54 minutes ago, m@verick said:

Just collected my Outback couple of weeks ago and thinking of doing up Nano Siel and Anti-Rust coating provided by MI during my 1,000KM servicing at Leng Kee.

Any recommended service advisers I should look for? Any of you Outback owners have done the above 2 services at Leng Kee? Any feedback?

Just bear in mind that if you're interested in also doing the sound dampening layer at some point, that needs to be applied before the anti-rust.

MI offers 3 types of undercarriage coating, all using Clasani products.

Order of application:

1. Sound dampening (confirmed to be Clasani CS 8833), which is a smooth coating; $290
  2. Anti-rust (confirmed to be Clasani CS 705), which is a rough coating; $290
  3. Undercarriage protector (probably Clasani CS 706 though I still don't know; I intend to find out at some point); $250

Had my OB for about 4months. I find the paint job is relatively thin. It gets chipped off fairly easily.  wondering you guys observe the same