Mavericksurfer

Turbo Upgrade

9 posts in this topic

Dear all, 

I am running a fuji, decat, open pod and a S204 intercooler... That's all I have within my engine bay... DOn't really wanna do too much to a car that's 2 years left...

Am currently running a stock TD04 in a Hawkeye 2007 2.5l...Was thinking of dropping in a bigger turbo. All I ever want is just a straight forward drop in and open source tune again.... Don't really wanna buy more items in that sense. Just 1 Turbo... That's it....

Anyone has experience or advice what would work?

bang for buck...try methanol kit (the chicken essence for TC cars) not only it increase HP it increases torque too...cheers

1 person likes this

most Scooby workshop does it...but your ride need a tune after the installation...enjoy!

1 person likes this

Hi Bro,

Methanol Kit allows you to run a higher boost because it cools the Air Fuel mixture going into your engine.

But in order to fully maximize your current turbo and eventual Methanol Kit, you still need 2 more things:

1) 3" Bellmouth Downpipe      <<< The stock downpipe is very restrictive. Having this is going to make your turbo spool much faster and harder. Big difference.

2) Bigger Injectors      <<< to run higher boost, you'll need bigger injectors to match the more compressed air.

These 2 things with the Methanol Kit should be enough to maximize your TD04 turbo.

My advice is do all these things at one shot so that you can enjoy the increase in power earlier since you only have 2 years left on the car. The downpipe and injectors don't cost a lot. Many of the Bros here selling them 2nd hand on the WTS thread.

you don't really need bigger injector unless you running more than 400whp.

FYI, 350whp with stock injector max is about 70-80% duty cycle, more than enough to handle

TD05-18/20G is good enough for daily drive without sacrifice drivability 

This is where is usually gets confusing.. lol... I've heard about the downpipe at 3", and the methanol kit combi... Apparently, it's a decent upgrade... The bigger injectors perhaps is a good to have....

Heh, the injector upgrade is for future investment. Cos eventually, you'll want more power and change turbo, and you'll need the bigger injectors anyway. It's not terribly expensive for bigger injectors...... so why not :P

Hi Bro,

Methanol Kit allows you to run a higher boost because it cools the Air Fuel mixture going into your engine.

But in order to fully maximize your current turbo and eventual Methanol Kit, you still need 2 more things:

1) 3" Bellmouth Downpipe      <<< The stock downpipe is very restrictive. Having this is going to make your turbo spool much faster and harder. Big difference.

2) Bigger Injectors      <<< to run higher boost, you'll need bigger injectors to match the more compressed air.

These 2 things with the Methanol Kit should be enough to maximize your TD04 turbo.

My advice is do all these things at one shot so that you can enjoy the increase in power earlier since you only have 2 years left on the car. The downpipe and injectors don't cost a lot. Many of the Bros here selling them 2nd hand on the WTS thread.

With these 2 things, is than changing to a bigger turbo ?