eadwine

Any Impreza 2.0 RS drivers here?

65 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

for one moment, I thought there weren't any RS drivers around anymore =(

Newbie RS driver here.

1) Do you guys tune your RS?

2) Does it get noisy in the boot area, particularly the styrofoam part where the spare wheel is?

3) Do you guys take out your spare wheel to lighten the car?

1) Yes I tuned mine, engine + gb
2) My car is super silent, can only hear sound of tyres
3) Nope, tried taking it out but FC remains the same, so I left it inside for emergency. Anyway spare wheel less than 10kg, driver + passengers each lose 1-2kg can cover already, good for health too.

1 person likes this

1) No tuning, bone stock.

2) Didnt notice noise, probably because i'm always in the driver seat. anyway i have additional layer of "carpet" material over the whole boot, guess that'll help.

3) Never remove, spare tyres are there for a reason. I bought a stem valve extension so it's easier to check the pressure without having to remove the whole spare.

Hi guys!
Newbie RS driver here.

2) Does it get noisy in the boot area, particularly the styrofoam part where the spare wheel is?

Last night I realised that the spare tyre wasn't bolted onto the boot *it only took me 1 week to realize =)*, the wheel was basically moving about the boot area hitting the styrofoam *hence the squeeky noise*

Kevin613 - What do you mean by additional layer of carpet?? Got pic to share?

FC seems pretty bad, didn't know what the previous owner did to the car. Getting about 6.5-7km per litre =(

Sorry, boot mat is probably the better word (PVC coil mat cut to fit the boot)

I'm getting about 7.5L/100km - 11L/100KM depending on right foot, which translate to about 9-13.3KM/L.
Manual Transmission

Last night I realised that the spare tyre wasn't bolted onto the boot *it only took me 1 week to realize =)*, the wheel was basically moving about the boot area hitting the styrofoam *hence the squeeky noise*

Kevin613 - What do you mean by additional layer of carpet?? Got pic to share?

FC seems pretty bad, didn't know what the previous owner did to the car. Getting about 6.5-7km per litre =(

Sorry, boot mat is probably the better word (PVC coil mat cut to fit the boot)

I'm getting about 7.5L/100km - 11L/100KM depending on right foot, which translate to about 9-13.3KM/L.

Manual Transmission

Looks like its time to get it checked by some Subaru workshops. Any Ubi ones to recommend? (Thanks in advance!)

mine is about 10-12L/100km, which is about 8-10KM per L, depends on highway or small road. driver state is almost always in monster mode.

Auto GB

FC problems, give your car a one time full servicing EO/gear oil/transmission oil/air filter/oil filter/new plugs - dont believe the dealer when they say they have changed, clean TB, reset ECU, then drive around in 2 full tanks for the car to learn your driving style. On your 3rd tank you should see better mileage.

If not, then you have more problems such as bad o2 sensor, clogged fuel filter, or a bad tune. these are generally harder to diagnose.

mine is about 10-12L/100km, which is about 8-10KM per L, depends on highway or small road. driver state is almost always in monster mode.

Auto GB

FC problems, give your car a one time full servicing EO/gear oil/transmission oil/air filter/oil filter/new plugs - dont believe the dealer when they say they have changed, clean TB, reset ECU, then drive around in 2 full tanks for the car to learn your driving style. On your 3rd tank you should see better mileage.

If not, then you have more problems such as bad o2 sensor, clogged fuel filter, or a bad tune. these are generally harder to diagnose.

Great tips there!! Thanks man! 

Hi guys!

Newbie RS driver here.

Hi and welcome

White RS here.

1) Nope

2) Yes, slightly only

3) Nope.

1 person likes this

also, the boot noise will probably be more obvious on hatchback.

Mine's a sedan, so not noticeable.

Im guessing its the styrofoam blocks at the cargo area that is squeaking most of the time

Hmm would a FB group be easier? 
Sorry just that too many Whatsapp groups to keep check with lol.

Taffazani, dude, was reading through your post, seemed like you had a few steering pump and timing belt issues. hope all is repaired and

good now.

Hmm would a FB group be easier? 

Sorry just that too many Whatsapp groups to keep check with lol.

Taffazani, dude, was reading through your post, seemed like you had a few steering pump and timing belt issues. hope all is repaired and

good now.

Yea it's all good now. Imagining getting the car and less than 2 months THAT happened. 6k worth of repairs Bro, imagine what I could have have done with that money instead.

Yea it's all good now. Imagining getting the car and less than 2 months THAT happened. 6k worth of repairs Bro, imagine what I could have have done with that money instead.

6K!!!!!! wah lau eh. heart pain. Did u buy from a dealer?

Im def going to get steering pump checked out.