rodrodrod

Help! My key is stuck in the Ignition!

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum. Have been driving a 07 legacy about a year plus now. However, my key is stuck in the ignition! Anyone encountered this before? Everything is pretty normal I can drive start the engine etc.. But no matter how i turn, it wont go to no.1 . I have pressed in the already and stuff but it wont come out.

The car is in P.

Everything is normal except the key just wont come out.

Any ideas? Im so puzzled.

Yes I did. It still stuck. I have no idea why man. I think it might be a gearstick problem. Although the gear shows P but maybe its not full engaged? Theres like something stuck inside. Any idea if i can use the spare key and lock the car? I feel damn unsafe now leaving my car in the carpark.

Try to wiggle the key while turning the steering wheel side to side. Else best suggestion is that u drive to your workshop ASAP or even MI to get it sorted. Could be the lock barrel pins has somehow been damaged.

I went to BMS this afternoon and they manage to solve the problem for me. I think it has something to do w the electricals. They cut a certain wire and now the key has been removed. The downside is the key can be removed even if its not in Park mode. Means reverse gear i still can switch off the car!