chuan

Rotors and pads recommendations for brembo gold

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

For those bros on Brembo gold brakes, what rotors and pads are your guys on? Is it noisy? I'm not sure what rotors I'm currently on since they were there since I got the car, but I believe I'm on Akebono pads. The brakes are pretty noisy at times... since it's almost time for me to change the rotors and pads, I just wanna find out what setups are you guys on and if they are noisy for street use,

I read that a few are on project mu rotors and tarox as well,

Chuan

I'm using Hawk HPS pads. They only squeal slightly once in blue moon while during reversing.

I'm using Hawk HPS pads. They only squeal slightly once in blue moon while during reversing.

What rotors are you on? Brembo? Thanks man

Chuan

Hi, I am upgraded my brake for my forestor to brembo (from STi) the brake is very noisy all the time during reverse and some time during normal stop.

its getting worse and worse. Using DBA slotted rotor and Akebono racing pads.

Any low noise brake pad to recommend?

is ur brake pad high temp?

try dixcel ES. quiet and good braking power. good for normal street and spirited driving

i previously used dixcel m type brakes pads (street pads with low dust) together with dixcel rotors.

Pretty good and quiet.

i prefer Hawk HPS to Dixcel M. 

HPS bites better n quieter but more brake dust. Dixcel M squeals when cold but less brake dust.

" Using DBA slotted rotor and Akebono racing pads."  

OMG, the NOISE!!! :o

I'm using this too... 

This is a Reverse Warning System.  Anyone within 1 mile radius will know that you are reversing, and keep clear.  Even the hearing- and visually- handicapped passersby can be alerted to your reversing.   Your neighbour upstairs on the 22nd storey also know that you're reversing.  Top notch safety feature.