bye4now...

Mods for 2015/2016 WRX/STI

198 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Guys if you can nego for the STI package with full body kit. Coz MI do not sell them alacarte. You will be better off buying from USA or japanparts website but the problem is shipping.. Big item so shipping cost is ex and not worth.

Too late for me... Car already here. How much you guys paid for that package?

Agreed ... better go for a tune for intake mod ... don't fool around.

Heard FA engine tune a bit can achieved huge gain ... update here when you are done : )

52 minutes ago, longdi said:

Too late for me... Car already here. How much you guys paid for that package?

I did asked.. It was like 4k.. Madness.

You are better off sourcing from other places. Try ebay there is this supplier from Taiwan. Carbon fibre stuff..

Oh 4K is too much..... I would spend it else where.

3 hours ago, longdi said:

Oh nice to see the new WRX/STI owner here.

i booked a CVT end of March, but the 2016 version booking was closed so I was booked a 2017.

The car has been here for five weeks but I can't collect it because it is still under going LTA homologation......

just scrapped my 2006 Legacy 2.0R yesterday, now carless.... 

I bought some accessories from subispeed when I was in USA two months ago, regret that I didn't get mudflap.

congrats bro, any difference between the 2017 and 2016 models?

1 person likes this

I see from Internet, the different in 2017 model is very minor. I think there are some minor cosmetic different in the interior. The only functionality different I know off is auto one touch up/down for front passenger side windows.

unfortunately, even the changes are so minor, LTA still takes Long time for homologation. Wait till my neck long long.

Huh.. Mine 2015 model also one touch up and down for front passenger Window oredy..

You should look at the center multi function display hood.. Mine is plastic. I just changed to leather top with red stitch. Longer and nicer

haha ic.

ya I bought the center display hook you mentioned. Also bought the piece near the CVT gear knob. Hoping these will make the interior a little nicer. :-)

Actually interior wise it is quite good, compared to the previous versions.

What I think is the sound of the car needs to be a little racier. Lol but that's subjective.

oh there is one thing I would strongly recommend. The arm rest stock is quite Low. SubiSpeed has one that has extra storage. Can self install. That helps a lot!

1 person likes this

Yup.. Get the armrest extension. There are 2 types. One is just extra storage. Another is can slide out to rest your arm. Surf amazon or japanparts website. They have it there.

Haha, you know what? I already bought that arm rest with extra storage. I also bought the subispeed convex side mirror. Had prova convex side mirror on my legacy and I love it.

Yeh, I think of everything I bought, the extra storage arm rest is the bestest! 

Bro Derek, actually u can try SubiSpeed. Their shipping cost via DHL is actually quite reasonable. The japanparts / Amazon shipping is a killer. 

Went mt to see the NASOC forum... The available exhausts there sounds amazing. Too bad no one bringing in. Hopefully the BMS BKS Fong Kim will bring some legal ones in soon.

Edited by t1mtam

I also hope I will get legal exhaust. Praying harddd

Edited by Keeper8388

As the number of new WRXs grows .... I am sure there will be approved exhausts.

:)

Guys, for those riding the Wrx/sti 2015-2017 (there is a 2017???), just like to check your average FC? I am running about 11km/l, 40%hw/60%city. 

53 minutes ago, t1mtam said:

Guys, for those riding the Wrx/sti 2015-2017 (there is a 2017???), just like to check your average FC? I am running about 11km/l, 40%hw/60%city. 

That's very good FC... tempting me to buy one...

What's your transmission type? 6MT or Auto...?

Sorry, made a mistake. Should be 11L/100km. My apologies. Getting old Liao so Am running on CVT. The CVT surprised me coming from a FD1m. 

23 minutes ago, t1mtam said:

Sorry, made a mistake. Should be 11L/100km. My apologies. Getting old Liao so Am running on CVT. The CVT surprised me coming from a FD1m. 

That's a pretty decent FC... at 9.1 km/l.

If you put to i mode and use cruise control at expressway.. You will be surprised by how good is the girl consumption.. I am getting 9-10l/100km

1 minute ago, Derick said:

If you put to i mode and use cruise control at expressway.. You will be surprised by how good is the girl consumption.. I am getting 9-10l/100km

Your car consumes girls? 

1 minute ago, Keeper8388 said:

Your car consumes girls? 

Haha.. Sorry.. Typo. 

I meant fuel consumption

1 person likes this

haha ....once change to aftermarket exhaust and intake .... you can forget about that fuel consumption number liao.

2 hours ago, Chua27 said:

haha ....once change to aftermarket exhaust and intake .... you can forget about that fuel consumption number liao.

Bro... Not true la... If change catback or muffler only... It is more for sound.

Performance not really different la.

I found a jap website selling the S4 racechip... Plug and play...Woohoooooo