nuts23

Cusco Street Zero A

7 posts in this topic

Hi Bros,

Anyone installed the above before? Wondering if the ride is too harsh for a daily driver. Do chime in if you've had experience with this.

Thanks!

im using Cusco Zero 2..  it is definitely stiff and need to set to the softest setting which is ok. Street  zero A i hear is softer and more comfortable. how much is workshop charging u?

On 4/22/2017 at 8:45 PM, Lithiumwave said:

im using Cusco Zero 2..  it is definitely stiff and need to set to the softest setting which is ok. Street  zero A i hear is softer and more comfortable. how much is workshop charging u?

I went with BC BRs instead. So far so good. Pretty comfy for coilovers but still can't compare with stock comfort. can't have everything I guess.

thanks.. my Cusco is giving me a lot of noise when i turn.  it goes "tong"  tong....tong.  and just few months old. Ultra irritating. still there even after workshop grease it.   Is BC BR durable ? risk of noise ?

i don't think it should be making noise at all since it's so new. It only makes noise when you turn? How about when you go over bumps? Should go back to the workshop where you had them installed for them to check. It might be faulty.

So far the BC BRs have been great. I opted for the model with rubber mounts instead of camber plates which use pillow ball mounts which are more likely to make noise. When they were first installed, I too had a weird noise from the rear left coilover, after investigation by the workshop, they found that the rear left rubber mount was defective(from the factory!) so they replaced it with a new one. No problems after that.

From what I read, coilovers all make noise, just a matter of how long before they start lol.

Hope that helps.

sadly.. went back and got worst! the noise is less loud but more frequent when you turn left/right.  but not over bumps.  They say its not spoiled..  im getting irritated..:(

Bro, see the link below. Might just be what is causing the sounds.
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ea6acd3e974a89b6565a90d0b00751af&t=2126005&page=2

Excerpt of the post:

"So I figured out the cause of my left HSD coils popping/clunking sound.

The top plate is not turning along when the wheel turns. This cause's the rubbing of the spring onto the thin plate (LIKE A WASHER OR SOME SORT) in between the spring and the top plate. While the right side top plate turn along with the wheel when turning..The top plates are suppose to turn smoothly when the wheel turns.

Any solutions to help me fix this would be really appreciated."

The link below although not for subaru, gives a general idea of where to look to resolve noise issues with coilovers

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/666503-are-your-coilovers-making-noise-rattle-pop-clunk.html

Hope that helps.