redviper51

My problems with my Exiga

6 posts in this topic

After 7 years of service my 2.0i is giving lots of problems. It started with a faulty alternator which required 2 changes. Then the aircon which had to be serviced. The radiator broke when I was on my way to SGH. Had to be towed away. Had to change. Then a week or so ago, whien I was in Malacca, the hose to the radiator inexplicably came off. The strong clip just gave way. I had no choice but to tow it back to Singapore because the temp kept going up too high. Cost me RM 1700 for the trip back. Had to do timing belt plus water pump plus the thermostat and fan belt... My mech said that I could drive it for another three years... But I am not totally convinced. My plan to keep it till it hit 10 years is in jeopardy. Been looking at the Forrester XT and Levorg.Any suggestions? With the COE going up ....

Cannot take the stress of having to monitor the water temp everytime I drive... Even though it has never gone past 92 degrees C since I did the timing belt, I would be stressed out when it starts to go past 89! So, just decided to go to Leng Kee and test drove the Forester XT. That led me to signing the the documents to book one! My old Exiga got quite a good price, at least I do get a bit of cash from it. And the price for the new one changed 3 times(lower). Now waiting for good news...

On 7/25/2016 at 11:48 PM, redviper51 said:

Cannot take the stress of having to monitor the water temp everytime I drive... Even though it has never gone past 92 degrees C since I did the timing belt, I would be stressed out when it starts to go past 89! So, just decided to go to Leng Kee and test drove the Forester XT. That led me to signing the the documents to book one! My old Exiga got quite a good price, at least I do get a bit of cash from it. And the price for the new one changed 3 times(lower). Now waiting for good news...

congrats! why did you choose the XT over levorg?

On 7/25/2016 at 11:48 PM, redviper51 said:

Should have just upgraded the radiator. Then the issue of water temp will not be there..........

Oh well! You've got a new ride. Congrats!

6 hours ago, SubaThrill said:

Should have just upgraded the radiator. Then the issue of water temp will not be there..........

Oh well! You've got a new ride. Congrats!

I did change the radiator earlier; like a few weeks ealier. Just got my new ride a week ago...

35 minutes ago, redviper51 said:

I did change the radiator earlier; like a few weeks ealier. Just got my new ride a week ago...

Congrats! Nothing beats the smell of a new car