Shrimplet

How much is enough?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, wonder how much power upgrade is enough? Is there any limitation for a Levorg 1.6 engine? Do share, ya.... 

6 hours ago, Shrimplet said:

Hi all, wonder how much power upgrade is enough? Is there any limitation for a Levorg 1.6 engine? Do share, ya.... 

How deep is your pocket?

How much do you care about the MI warranty?

How much do you value reliability? 

How afraid are you to repair a new car? Eg. Engine PIANG!

How much do you care about fuel consumption?

How much time do you want to spend thinking of your car, rather than your paying day job? 

Limitations? 

1.6l: 'there's no replacement for displacement"

CVT

IMHO.

This is a justifiably nice car. Keep it as it is. It's not planned/designed to be kitted for outright power.

If not so, consider........

- plugging a 2.0l STi boxer engine

- do a full manual trans conversion

- but first, settle the brakes system!

- 2nd handling, before all things else

- +++++++++ many, many more stuff .....

So, the question is: why would you want to do so? ........

Unless, ....... you've that experimental streak in you......... want to be different........ own a "sleeper car"........

To what end? There'll be other cars faster, meaner, stronger, ....... straight "out-from-the-box". No/minimal  mods reqd.

Sorry to be long-winded in answering your questions .......

Again, it's all my personal take ......

Hey Hi SubaThrill, well said and asked. No worries u are not loooong winded enough. Hahahas. How deep is my pocket is up to u to find out. But of cause I don't intend to do what u had mention her. Just like to know what is the max people will do to their Levorg. Thanks for sharing ya. Happy subbing👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

_____🏚___🌴🌵🌳______🚙💨💨💨💨__🏠___🏬🚚🚑🚓🚗🚛🏡

Im interested in knowing how much power the CVT and 1.6DIT can handle safely. From what i know, as of now there is a garage(forgets name) that is offering stage 1 tune for the levorg. But have not seen anyone going for it yet. As of now, i am waiting for legal catback system. Its taking too long.. 

Hello Sneakgeek, I am glad to see your message here. Just like me, I am very exticed or should I say eager to know how much is further this Levorg can output after some minor tuning upgrading.  If to spend a ton to get this ride going, I would have opt for another car and not a Levrog. After driving for 3 months, it's a good car in term of handling with no major up grading on the suspensions, average pick up as its a 1.6L. C/W very attractive outlook that  captured my attention. 

Do share on your ride experience here. Thanks Sneakgeek, I await more others Levorg owner respond. Cheers and happy levorging😜

i've owned the car for only a month and quite happy with the handling of this 1.6ton car. as for power upgrades, i only planned to do the standard intake, catback and tune as i don't want to face reliability problem with the cvt. Really feel that the power from stand still comes quite slow especially when car is filled with people. Really hope workshops starts bringing in aftermarket parts for the levorg. What do you plan to do to your levorg? Also, are you going back to MI for servicing after 10k? i am still wondering if i should just to keep my warranty before i touch the engine

Edited by sneakgeek

Hi Sneakgeek, so far I had did a bit of body/ engine upgrade. Added some As for engine, I add a ring at the filter area, to have better air intake. And with a overtake booster. Now I can over take most car when needed. I intend to do a bit more later on. As I don't really believe in doing all at one go. Is to feel the difference before and after and also understand my ride better. 

As I had own a Rex before. I use the  experience that I learnt over the years on this car. Don't want to spend unnecessarily. As I personally believe that this car is already good enough for its category. Just a bit here and there will be enough. It's what I think so far. So did u join any Levorg group chat?

8 minutes ago, Shrimplet said:

Oh thats the response ring that? Someone posted that on singapore levorg. Is the overtake booster a throttle controller? Must be a bummer coming to levorg from a rex haha

Hahaha..... Yup that's the respond ring. And also the over taking booster is the throttle controller.