urus83

Need help on the fuel consumption for 2007 impreza 1.6 auto na 4mt

12 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

Wondering what is the average fuel consumption for 2007 impreza 1.6 auto na 4mt model travelling in sg road (60% urban road 40% expressway). Recently just bought a preowned one to test out, left only 1year. Previous owner has change and added a cold air intake for engine

Average fuel level almost empty to full tank can only run 250-270km, I am quite shocked that it is so thirsty for fuel. Is this suppose to be correct? 

Do please share with me your advice and your guild, as i am consider newbie to the car.

Thanks in advance!

Just to add the tires are 17" are they main culprit? 

I am driving the same car as you have. This car is very sensitive to heat. Try to wrap up your petrol and air intake tubing to prevent any heat from the combustion affecting your engine performance. The CAI that you have is the worst modification for an auto gear car because I had try it and the wrong mixture of air and petrol will cause the engine to heat up. An old car rubber tubing tends to crack and causes leakage. Rubber material tends to harden/vulcanized further when subjected to heat over time. Ask your mechanic to check the rubber tubing especially near the hot zone area.

On 12/7/2016 at 6:55 AM, totallypatrick_new said:

Mine is between 400 to 450km on average but am on manual. Also 17". Changing your CAI to stock will have slightly better mileage.

@totallypatrick_new

Thanks for your advice! i will try to look for one as a revert mod.

On 12/7/2016 at 9:45 AM, Just Daniel said:

I am driving the same car as you have. This car is very sensitive to heat. Try to wrap up your petrol and air intake tubing to prevent any heat from the combustion affecting your engine performance. The CAI that you have is the worst modification for an auto gear car because I had try it and the wrong mixture of air and petrol will cause the engine to heat up. An old car rubber tubing tends to crack and causes leakage. Rubber material tends to harden/vulcanized further when subjected to heat over time. Ask your mechanic to check the rubber tubing especially near the hot zone area.

Just Daniel,

Roger! that CAI was installed by previous owner before it was handed over to me. 

If this car is sensitive of heat, will the radiator fan (not sure the correct name) plays a part too? Coz last heard from the mechanic the left side of the fan behind the front grille has a lower RPM than the right one. 

The radiator fan working well or not will effect your engine temperature and subsequently your car performance. Eventually your FC. If your mechanic mention one fan is slower then you should ask him to help to check whether is there a problem with the fan. I have optimized my car efficiency and can get at least 10 to 11 km/l. I could get 13 km/l if 95% highway

On 09/12/2016 at 10:38 PM, Just Daniel said:

The radiator fan working well or not will effect your engine temperature and subsequently your car performance. Eventually your FC. If your mechanic mention one fan is slower then you should ask him to help to check whether is there a problem with the fan. I have optimized my car efficiency and can get at least 10 to 11 km/l. I could get 13 km/l if 95% highway

@Just Daniel

Wow thanks! Yst left fan just went off, I just gotten a pair of preowned fans and radiator. Still sourcing for mechanic. Any recommendations? Price?

U can actually do t urself, a back breaking 45min job. It's juz clams and screw nothing fancy. Oh if ur fan is aftermarket which the socket head than u need to spice and do some wiring. That's abt it. Remember to get coolant too, cos all ur coolant will go down the drain. 

10 hours ago, Wyven said:

U can actually do t urself, a back breaking 45min job. It's juz clams and screw nothing fancy. Oh if ur fan is aftermarket which the socket head than u need to spice and do some wiring. That's abt it. Remember to get coolant too, cos all ur coolant will go down the drain. 

@wyven,

roger and thank u for ur advice! Need to arrange a day for this major task (to me)..

No problem. Sometime it's good to Diy those simple stuff. U get to know ur car better

1 person likes this