Shik4ne

forester
Coolant Leaking

3 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone encountered coolant leaking issue? My Forester seems to be leaking somewhere. Topped up coolant to the max at night but next morning the coolant reservoir is empty again.

If the coolant is leaking out that quickly, it's likely you have a pretty big leak somewhere.

Best to have your workshop check it out. Before driving, you might want to make sure there is sufficient coolant. If the leak is bad enough that insufficient coolant is retained to cool the engine, you might want to get the car towed to your workshop instead.

did you lose coolant without driving? cause u mentioned add to the max at night but morning coolant reservoir is empty...

if yes, then its likely your coolant reservoir is leaking. do check if your radiator level drop or not.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bb88wa
      Forester SJ Dekit
      1    "Originals 17"" VOLKS RAYS Engineering  Te37 originals gold - Clears Brembo
      - new set of stickers given to buyer
      Condition- some kerbs rash"     $800 

2    "Michelin Primacy 4 - 225/60/17 - mileage 7000 kms - EU Made
      Good as new - no puncture before"     $500 

3    "Brembo gold front and back 
      (comes with Forester SJ brackets -- Plug and play)
      Condition: Rotor 70%, Brakes pad 40%"     $1,500 

4    Tarox Brake Hose - BKS     $200 

5    Magnetic shades (6windows) - MI     $50 

7    STi original Strut - MI     $200 

8    Forester SJ Audio panel with Pioneer AVH-X8850BT     $500 

9    Rear boot mat - 3A Thick     $40 

10    Side step - $50 - Buyer pays labor to remove     $50 

- All items will be out by mid Oct if not earlier
      - Price slightly negotiable if bundle with other items
      - Low Ballers will be politely ignored
      - PM me with your mobile number for pictures
      - No swap required (except for item 2)
    • By S.K
      For all FA20 engines
      -already ceramic coated
      -Want to see more, kindly PM to meet up and see actual thing yourself easier and better.
      -Weight is almost 40% lighter than stock.

kindly drop me a private message or email [email protected]

• By havoline
      Hi,
      got this from a group buy and letting go as it hinders my other project.
      asking $300...
    • By Apek
      Hi
      selling used whiteline 22mm rear sway bar for $150 &
      perrin charge pipe for $200 (2014+ forester XT/2015+ WRX)
      previously fitted on Forester XT SJ 2016.
      Pls check with your own workshop for fitment on your car.
      PM me at 90908049
    • By Bruceleech
      Good day everyone and happy Mid autumn to all who celebrates. 
      I am a new owner of the Forester Eyesight from Nov 20th 2018.  Never driven a Subaru before nor own a SUV.  Fell in love with this car the moment I lay my eyes, feet and hands on it.  
      However, my love was cut short by the numerous problem encountered with my new love.  
      1) 3 days after collecting the new car, there was a persistent rumbling sounds below the driver seat area, tested with MI service advisor who even commented "was it a motorbike passed by". MI took my driver seat away and diagnosed was due to fuel pipe loose. Really! A brand new car?  
      2) Immediately after the above rectification works was done by MI, my driver seat emitted ricketing sound like metal rubbing against each other. MI investigated and screwed my driver seat bolts and nuts tighter.
      3)  The climax of the problem appeared on 11th Dec 2018, less than 3 weeks of driving this new car and after being too MI workshop twice, and coincidentally this problem appeared one day after MI rectified my driver seat sound. My car loss power and jerk at traffic light and while cruising! Almost resulting in an accident!  This time my poor new car was at MI workshop for more than 9 days!  The diagnosis was due to the TCM module that had to be replaced. MI claimed they were able to replicate the similar symptom in another car when they plugged my faulty TCM there.
      Throughout my first few problems with my new ride, prior to the last problem, anyone could see that MI workshop workmanship is unacceptable.  When my car was at MI last for the 9 days troubleshooting, I even have to asked for a courtesy car.
      However, since Mr David Koh, Customer Service Manager, ttook over and after our first face to face meeting initiated by me, things turned for the better. I was updated on the progress of the work done until I collected my car yesterday on 21st December 2018. 
      David was able to turn my bad experience with Subaru around and make me assured that there's still a glimmer of hope dealing with MI.
      How about my ride? I guess it's day two of getting my car back. I just have to watch how it goes. So far I still love my Forester for its space and feel. I hope that this is the last problem I will ever face with this new ride until wear and tear sets in.
      Good luck everyone 
      Bruce Lee