Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardus77

'17+ base Impreza owners...a question

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Just got a new Impreza, 5 door, base trim.

Only one significant complaint about the car so far. The rear suspension is so soft that with any cargo whatsoever on board, or a rear passenger, or a bike on a bike rack, it feels really under damped when you hit a dip in the road. Like almost as bad as worn out struts. The thing is way under damped.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this overly soft rear suspension in their current gen Impreza. Considering ordering a pair of OE sport trim struts and swapping them in.

Thanks for feedback. I mistakenly posted this question in the general Subaru sub until I discovered there was one dedicated to the Impreza specifically. Glad to find you guys.

Thank you!

On 5/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, hardus77 said:

Hello everyone,

Just got a new Impreza, 5 door, base trim.

Only one significant complaint about the car so far. The rear suspension is so soft that with any cargo whatsoever on board, or a rear passenger, or a bike on a bike rack, it feels really under damped when you hit a dip in the road. Like almost as bad as worn out struts. The thing is way under damped.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this overly soft rear suspension in their current gen Impreza. Considering ordering a pair of OE sport trim struts and swapping them in.

Thanks for feedback. I mistakenly posted this question in the general Subaru sub until I discovered there was one dedicated to the Impreza specifically. Glad to find you guys.

Thank you!

Probably due to the age, worn suspension as you mentioned. Can try looking for a set of used OEM struts in the marketplace or even brand new. Good luck!