adept1

2020 Forester (SK) audio upgrades

Hi fellas,

Just put the deposit down today on what will be my third Subaru in a row, and my second Forester. It comes with the 2nd gen. Panasonic 8" LCD head unit and I don't even know what kind of speakers. I would like to improve the sound while leaving in place the stock HU.

Can anyone advise on my options for possibly adding an amp and upgraded/more speakers? I would be happy if the sound is similar to my 2015 XT with the Harmon Karmon system. I'm not trying to do anything extreme or spend crazy amounts of money.

I've tried searching on the net, but most of the info pertains to US models that have different audio options.

Thanks!

-adept1

Edited by adept1

Whats the benefit of changing to the new Forester ?

Since you got money just go audio shop and let them recommend when you get it ba.

3 hours ago, unfair said:

Whats the benefit of changing to the new Forester ?

Since you got money just go audio shop and let them recommend when you get it ba.

I'm changing for a few reasons:

My current Forester very high COE

Warranty is done and there's some repairs needed that'll cost a few thousand.

Current COE is comparatively much lower.
My monthly payment will decrease by $600.

Lot's of new convenience and safety features.

Of course I will miss the turbo though :(

I don't like going into shops without doing any research first. I probably won't buy whatever I need locally either.

In US market there's a factory option for Rockford Fosgate amp and two 6x9s for the front doors. It's about $350 USD and pretty easy DIY. Just not sure if it connect easily to the Panasonic HU.