Suspension Recommendations - 99 WRX

Collecting up info on suspension as my 99 coilovers for wrx were flagged as advisory on last MOT so I'm looking at my options to replace them. Not going to try and get new springs as I believe they are Blitz coils so could be hard to come by outside of Japan.

Can't read anything on the springs so have no idea of spring rates but dampers are 32 level adjustment. They are very crashy at anything beyond halfway up the damper adjustment, and super wallowy at low damper settings. I run the dampers at 14/16 (of 32) front/rear. Running level (tested 16/16 and 18/18) causes understeer.

Based on my reading / understanding and compared to my 350Z on stock shocks / springs (350Z = 5.4/7.6 kgmm F/R) it suggest the springs are too hard for the UK roads and maybe sit somewhere around 8/7kgmm F/R) as rear feels similar to 350Z while front feels a lot harsher.

Car currently has Cusco ARBs at both ends, front 21mm, rear (edit) 22mm.
Also has Cusco strut brace, lower chassis brace, and some kind of rear brace all of which probably adds to the harshness.

The car is my daily driver and I have no plans to take it on track (not out of the question though!). My driving style is progressive and I tend to favour a slightly tighter/stiffer/sharper setup. Not looking for the slammed look either but I would like to retain damping and height adjustments.

So with (hopefully) everything you guys need to know to help out, questions are:

• I seem to recall stock spring rates being 4/3kgmm F/R, is that correct for non-STi saloon cars?

• In your experience, what is the recommended spring rates? I guess you'd describe my usage as 'fast road' though I hate that terminology. ScoobyParts.com are showing 5/4kgmm F/R as their most popular for BC Racing BR Series which sounds good to me but input welcome!

• I see with the Impreza there is a bias towards the front spring rate, why is that? Assume its due to the way the all wheel drive system works or more weight over front axle?

• I understand what ARB's do and how they work but if anyone can explain in simple terms their relationship to spring rates/damping that would also be really helpful!

• I'm pretty set on BC Racing BR Series (just not spring rates) but if anyone else has other suggestions around the £750 mark I'm open to hearing them :)

Sorry for the fairly epic thread, this is just how my brain works. You should try being me for the day :D